Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

"Clicking" sound when I breathe in...
"Clicking" sound when I breathe in...
It is 3am and I just got up and I can't seem to work out what is wrong with my CPAP, I think it's the mask sounds like the little "flap" that is on the end of the hose is clicking, very annoying. I am wondering if anyone has any idea what could cause this. I have been using the unit for 3 weeks now and not heard it and the only thing I have changed is an increase in the humidifier... and it started after that but it could have been co incidental.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: "Clicking" sound when I breathe in...
It could be "rainout". Take the hose and hold it straight up in the air so that any water in it drains back into the humidifier. Or you can disconnect the hose and hold it in the middle so both ends hang down.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Until I got a climateline hose, I used to regularly hang my slimline hose over the shower door during the day. No rainout issues from leftover condensation if you do that, and it avoids having to stand there while it drains.
Breathing keeps you alive. And PAP helps keep you breathing!
Post Reply Post Reply
I reakon that would be the problem, I will have to consider a heated hose it is so cold in our house in winter even with the wood fire going our bedroom stays quite cool. I also need to increase the humidity because the air is so dry. thanks for advice!! (why is it these things always happen on week ends or in the middle of the night and you cant just make a phone call to ask someone??) This forum is great.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can also wrap the hose in a couple pair of socks. Just cut the toes off and use rubber bands to hold in place.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-12-2012, 05:46 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: You can also wrap the hose in a couple pair of socks. Just cut the toes off and use rubber bands to hold in place.

Wow, cool idea. Thumbs-up-2

Er... meant to say "warm idea", sorry. Grin

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Also you could place the hose under the bed covers and the S9 lower than the bed
also lower the setting just a notch may help.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm also having this problem. Any idea how to fix it??
Post Reply Post Reply
You can also get pipe insulation at any big box hardware store like Lowes or Home Depot. Or you can turn down the humidity.

One other possibility, at least with the Airsense 10, you could be over filling the humidifier, I had that "clicking noise" when I did that and it was just water being blown into the hose.
I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
If you google an answer then repete it here, ypu wreck foogle search results.. unless ypu have had experience with an issue, please dont answer on message boards. I dont even USE water..so "rain out"has nothing to do with it. In fact, that same answer was taken from another answer from another site. With all hoses removed, with the nose mask,not pillow but nose mask, mine does it.  Civer the holes where the air comes in, still pops. Or sucking in from the exterior of the mask will do it. It will go away when i sqeeze the area, but i dont jnow what thats doing, and it only works some times. Im not a cpap guru, and dont know how to liwer humidity and ramping etc anyhow. Besudes i dont ever use water. So water isnt the issue. I in fact live in tucson arizona in the desert. So moissture aint my issue
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  White/Brown Sound? MoneyPit1946 7 257 03-16-2024, 10:49 AM
Last Post: MoneyPit1946
  ASV machine making weird sound on startup and when mask is disconnected kc90 7 319 02-08-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: kc90
  Cannot get water chamber flush with machine, making awful sound like a vacuum kc90 2 236 02-07-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: kc90
  N20 mask: waking up unable to breathe acordeon 1 293 02-05-2024, 07:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Feeling like I cannot breathe vgrando 108 8,973 12-30-2023, 09:25 PM
Last Post: vgrando
  [Equipment] DS2 Making whirring sound when inhaling egg 5 1,921 12-28-2023, 05:52 PM
Last Post: Agent Smith
  Breathe Right Strips and Central Apneas TiredTom111 10 1,239 12-26-2023, 10:49 PM
Last Post: punkrockcholo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.