Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Cliician setting in PR Dreamstation
Cliician setting in PR Dreamstation
I've been using a fixed pressure for many years, but have just had a prescription change to an auto-range.

While making the setup changes yesterday evening, I was keeping a lot of the info I've read on this forum in mind.

One of the suggestions I usually see is "raise your minimum pressure". I noticed a setting in the PR Dreamstation that programs the machine to use a starting point of the previous session's 90% pressure. The menu lets you enable/disable this feature.

If this is set, then the machine is automatically raising the minimum, isn't it?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Cliician setting in PR Dreamstation
Opti-Start is a new feature on the Dreamstation, and it does act to start machine at the 90% pressure of the previous 30 hours of use. In a normal CPAP titration, the sleep lab targets te 90% pressure to minimize OSA as the recommended prescription. With Opti-Start this is continuously recalculated, and will keep your starting pressure higher than the minimum pressure set on the machine. This is a great improvement over issuing a machine set wide-open a 4-20 pressure, and allows those setting a chance to actually work. The Philips machines are not very fast to respond to obstructive apnea, and a higher starting pressure can help get the machine closer to that optimum therapeutic pressure. Opti-Start is a good way to get that done, or you can do it manually by raising the minimum APAP pressure.

If you enjoy and tolerate lower pressures, there is nothing wrong with setting minimum pressure at 1-2 cm below the 90% pressure without Opti-Start. It's really a matter of choice. I think Opti-start is a good idea, especially for people that are not savy about optimizing machine settings.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,015 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  AirSense 10 Max Pressure setting Tomt 13 812 03-04-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Tomt
  Air Sense 11 - Pressure Setting goblue2024 3 404 01-10-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: dataq1
  [CPAP] Need help with setting minimum pressure for my Father. Jamie Connor 2 373 01-07-2024, 12:18 AM
Last Post: Jamie Connor
  AirSense 10 and Humidity Setting Columbiabill 16 2,910 12-12-2023, 08:06 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Mask Type Setting Mpadgett714 1 506 12-11-2023, 01:10 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
  Question about Bilevel setting yankees123 8 500 12-10-2023, 10:52 PM
Last Post: yankees123

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.