Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Adding Cardio Data (ECG/EKG) to Oscar
Adding Cardio Data (ECG/EKG) to Oscar
With dissemination of mobile and at home ECG/EKG devices a growing number of people are starting to use mobile and at home ECG/EKG devices for quick Cardio checkups and/or providing their Cardiologist with data on demand.
I was thinking how cool it would be to be able to import such data into Oscar....I may even be unaware that this work is already being done, in which case I'd be happy to be corrected.
Let us know what you think. Is that something that you may find useful? I know in my case it would be great to have my CPAP, Oxygen, Heart Rate and ECG/EKG all in one place.

[attachment=36639]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Adding Cardio Data (ECG/EKG) to Oscar
I’m unaware of any development on this. I have been looking at the Viatom/Wellue 24-hour recording ECG/EKG. The major drawback for me is the $300 price tag. So far this is the only one I can find that isn't really major bongo bucks.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I bought both the 3 wire and the 6 wire KARDIA for $80 and $120 respectively. 
Small, easi]y to use and fast but its missing a lot of data that OSCAR will need, primarily Date and Time stamps.
[attachment=36640]
Post Reply Post Reply
From my understanding, the Kardia is real-time only and has no overnight recording capability
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

You are correct.
Kardia can only be used by short temporary placing of your finger tips on its sensor surfaces, otherwise no capacity to be attached so it will be useless from a practical point.
Wellue products and a lot of other similar to Wellue's like the regular HOLTER MONITORS that can be attached for extended periods are of course the way to go.
Picture is of a bluetooth Scosche Rhythm+ Heart Rate Monitor Armband which costs $99.
The manufacturer says it works with its own app as well as a whole host of other apps like most popular health and fitness apps, including: DigiFit Run keeper MapMyFitness Strava and more.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  oscar data sleeper2460 0 35 2 hours ago
Last Post: sleeper2460
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 105 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Current OSCAR Data Tylermdugan 0 65 03-26-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tylermdugan
  Need help with OSCAR data Abhi 5 403 03-26-2024, 05:31 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  First night done, now what? (OSCAR data attached) Stephaniea0213 5 141 03-20-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 144 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Analyzing OSCAR DATA givememyusername 3 172 03-20-2024, 06:02 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.