Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Climate line tubing for the S9 - What setting?
RE: Climate line tubing for the S9 - What setting?
How do you change the humidity. I know how to change the temperature but am not sure how to change the humidity
Post Reply Post Reply
Roxy wrote:
How do you change the humidity. I know how to change the temperature but am not sure how to change the humidity

If your talking about the humidity level just turn the knob till the humidity comes up, it will have off or the level, push the knob down and turn it to change the level
Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
There's also the climate control which does both the temp of the humidifier heater and the temp of the hose. Do you have the clinician's manual? It tells how to get in there and set that up if you want to control them separately.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-01-2012, 08:16 PM)Roxy Wrote: How do you change the humidity. I know how to change the temperature but am not sure how to change the humidity
Its all explained with pictures in the clinical manual..You can get the manual from Apnea Board via Email (scroll down to section three)
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

S9 setup instruction and video
http://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-s9-cpap-setup

Here are the humidifier and climate line users guides
http://www.resmed.com/au/assets/document...ac_eng.pdf
http://www.resmed.com/au/assets/document...lo_eng.pdf

Post Reply Post Reply
I use manual setting because I need a lot of humidity to avoid congestion. I set humidity to 6 and the temperature to 85 and have no problem with rainout. The night-time temperature in the bedroom is around 60 to 65 degrees in the winter.

Sorry, just realized I committed the sin of resurrecting an old thread... sigh...
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-03-2013, 12:39 AM)Nick - Atl Wrote: Sorry, just realized I committed the sin of resurrecting an old thread... sigh...
Its OK to Bump2 an old thread
Welcome

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-03-2013, 12:39 AM)Nick - Atl Wrote: I use manual setting because I need a lot of humidity to avoid congestion. I set humidity to 6 and the temperature to 85 and have no problem with rainout. The night-time temperature in the bedroom is around 60 to 65 degrees in the winter.

Hi Nick - Atl, welcome to the forum!

I tried the Automatic setting for humidifier and also prefer more humidity. I use Manual settings (5.5/86F) and haven't have problems with rainout, but did have rainout at 6.

Sometimes still have rainout in my full face mask when night-time temperature around 60, but I usually sleep with my head under the covers, which eliminates rainout in my mask.

Take care,
--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you are totally lost about rain out and where to set things you can compute the dew point with this chart.
You need to know your room temperature and humidity.
A cheapie temp and humidity display for $8 is all you need to find out the first two variables.

If you know the dew point, then you know the temperature below which you must not go or condensation will occur in your hose.
So always have your hose temperature *higher* than the dew point and you'll get ZERO rainout.

Find your room temperature on the top scale for (F) and bottom for ©

plug in the humidity reading on the diagonal color coded lines and read out the dew points (rt = F) (left = C)

If your air temperature is about 60F and hose humidity is 70% you can figure on keeping the hose temps at least 3-5 degrees (F) higher than room temps.

Whether or not that temperature is comfortable or not depends on the individual.

Wow...that was really boring wasn't it?

Anyway, properly applied, it does work because you are using Applied Science!

Enjoy!
=^.^=

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
No wonder I've had no rainout since using the climateline hose. With an air temp at night of 55 degrees and a relative humidity (on a good day) that makes it to 25%, the chart indicates (I think) that any temperature above freezing would work.

Shastzi - Did I read it right? Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
You got it, aehjr! Smile
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Not Sure if Setting Changes Helping - Help Appreciated! WiscoKate 6 148 03-25-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: WiscoKate
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,170 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  AirSense 10 Max Pressure setting Tomt 13 855 03-04-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Tomt
  Using cleaning brushes in heated tubing TiredTom111 9 604 01-29-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 227 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  ResMed AirSense 11 + ClimateLine 11 Heated Tubing + Oxygen YankeeLaker 2 354 01-22-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: YankeeLaker
  Mold issue / cleaning CPAP (the unit, not tubing), Resmed S9 NightOwl42 9 755 01-19-2024, 11:29 PM
Last Post: NightOwl42

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.