Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Climate line tubing for the S9 - What setting?
RE: Climate line tubing for the S9 - What setting?
I have the Climate control tubing. It doesn't cause rainout at all. The DME told me that's the purpose of the thing. My question is, is something amiss if the humidifier doesn't use much water? I can't see why it doesn't. My house is older than dirt and really dry. Occasionally it moves a teeny bit, but rarely. It's frustrating, but for some reason, my sinuses are getting used to it. A nurse at one of the DME offices I've been to said she sometimes fills her tank twice in one night!! I just don't get it. I have mine set about 72 or so. I'll try 80 and see what happens. Are we required to warm up the machine? I usually just turn it on and go to sleep. Thanks for any replies. I sincerely appreciate any help and hope I can be of help here also. God bless, DJ
Post Reply Post Reply
I use it on auto unless I'm using the Oracle mask then manual and top humidity. I use about a half tank per night.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-24-2013, 09:52 PM)djjwilly Wrote: My question is, is something amiss if the humidifier doesn't use much water? ... I have mine set about 72 or so. I'll try 80 and see what happens. Are we required to warm up the machine? I usually just turn it on and go to sleep.

Hi djjwilly, welcome to the forum!

When Climate Control is set to Auto mode, the warmer the air temperature is set, the more moisture the air can hold and the faster the water gets used up.

No need to warm up the tank before use if you are not bothered by the amount of humidity being lower than usual for a few minutes; pre-heating and the humidity settings are personal preferences. Some people find they sleep better with a lot of humidity and others with less.

Take care,
--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Haven't had my S9 through a winter yet. But we live in an area with very low humidity (usually below 15 percent) and I have run mine at 71 degrees. This time of year the nighttime temperature seldom gets below 70 until just before sunup.
"Sometimes the magic works . . . and sometimes it doesn't" -- Chief Dan George in the movie Little Big Man
Post Reply Post Reply
Up to eleven.

It's one louder.

Nigel Tufnel
Post Reply Post Reply
I have been told that if you have water coming out from the tubing in your mask or whatever you may use, it is b/c the water chamber has been filled to the top line and it is recommended not to do that. Not sure if this is what is causing your problem but it is worth trying. I had water coming in my face mask a few times and now I never fill it to the top line and the problem has not happened again. hope this helps.
Post Reply Post Reply
Um, no, that's not it. Think about how that water from the over-full tank would have made it up the tube and into your mask. It can't happen. It was either coincidence or you have your machine higher than your head.

Water in the tube is called "rainout". It's when the air inside the tube is warmer than the room's air. The moisture in the hose air condenses on the hose's walls. It then pools in low spots and can making obnoxious snoring sounds. Rainout is the inside out version of when you have a cold can of Coke in a warm room. The condensation forms on the outside of the can. In CPAP case, it forms inside the hose.

I use the climateline but have the problem of condensation from my own breath causing water in the nasal pillows. Rather startling since when it drips back into my nostril, it can burn!
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I've never had a rain-out based on humidity in the line (I've typically been ~24oC and a 5.0 setting on the humidity). My issue right now is heat...since going to a nasal mask, I've found it very cool (which is why I'm currently at 26oC and 4.5...trying to warm the air hitting my nose). I'm just hoping my tubing didn't crap out on me Sad

Only time I had an issue with water in the hose was one bad sleep night....I rolled over a little too hard for being hooked up and sent a tidal wave down the hose when I almost pulled the CPAP off its stand Oh-jeez
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Paula02

I can only offer what my DME company told me about rain out. I had it happen 2 times, removed some of the water from the chamber and it quit. Not sure what else to say except what I was told, what I tried and what the results of that was.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-24-2013, 09:52 PM)djjwilly Wrote: I have the Climate control tubing. It doesn't cause rainout at all. The DME told me that's the purpose of the thing. My question is, is something amiss if the humidifier doesn't use much water? I can't see why it doesn't. My house is older than dirt and really dry. Occasionally it moves a teeny bit, but rarely. It's frustrating, but for some reason, my sinuses are getting used to it. A nurse at one of the DME offices I've been to said she sometimes fills her tank twice in one night!! I just don't get it. I have mine set about 72 or so. I'll try 80 and see what happens. Are we required to warm up the machine? I usually just turn it on and go to sleep. Thanks for any replies. I sincerely appreciate any help and hope I can be of help here also. God bless, DJ

Depends on your settings and machine, djjwilly. I hardly go through water (temp 28C/82F, auto-humidity at 5 our of 6)....with my normal ~6 hrs of sleep I could probably go 3-4 days without my tank running dry. It's comfortable enough for me and I don't have issues with drying out the nasal passages. My wife, on the other hand, has a F & P machine with a much larger humidifier tank and she's basically going through it in an 8 hr night.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  drying out tubing with machine sleepingbetterinFl 2 200 04-15-2024, 04:49 PM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Resmed Airsense 10 time to return to low pressure setting jfchap 3 134 04-13-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Tube Temp and Humidity Setting To Avoid Rainout tomkelly 10 277 04-11-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: tomkelly
  Trigger Setting Switch - Aircurve 10 MrIvanDrago 4 154 04-09-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  CPAP to ASV setting translation? Moemah123 2 521 04-03-2024, 10:30 AM
Last Post: Yujiyun
Question Not Sure if Setting Changes Helping - Help Appreciated! WiscoKate 6 258 03-25-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: WiscoKate
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,489 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.