Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Climate line tubing for the S9 - What setting?
Climate line tubing for the S9 - What setting?
Those of you with the climate line tubing for the S9; Do you select 80 degrees and let it automatically select the correct humidity or do you manually select a specific humidity setting? I hate rain-out in the tube, and my first inclination is to allow the machine to automajically select the correct humidity level.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Climate line tubing for the S9 - What setting?
I have the single setting. I use 80 degrees. Other than humidity in the mask, I've not had rainout.

For the record, I consider rain out to be when the hose snores/gurgles. I don't count the wee bit I sometimes get from inside the pillows. Instead I understand the bedroom was a wee bit too cold!
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I use the climate control in auto mode set at 23C (F?) my nose feel good also no rain out and every body is different
Set and forget. Its the best thing since sliced bread Smile

Post Reply Post Reply
When I use the humidifier I also use the climate line. I set it 2 degrees F above the temperature that the furnace is set at. The furnace is typically set at 70F so the climate line is set at 72F. That is warm enough to prevent rainout but cool enough to be comfortable.
This post is a natural product. The slight variations in spelling and 
grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way 
are to be considered flaws or defects.

Post Reply Post Reply
Mine is set at 27C/~80.5F.

Well, as of today I have set it to 27C - I had been using both a humidity and climateline setting for the past 20 days since getting the S9, but this morning changed climate control from 'manual' to 'auto' in the settings.

Zonk, 23C is ~73.5F.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-20-2012, 08:43 PM)EyesWideOpen Wrote: Those of you with the climate line tubing for the S9; Do you select 80 degrees and let it automatically select the correct humidity or do you manually select a specific humidity setting? I hate rain-out in the tube, and my first inclination is to allow the machine to automajically select the correct humidity level.

I chose the manual mode -- currently 74 degrees, 5 humidity. Works w/o rainout in a humid climate with air conditioning set at 74 degrees. Also clears up runny nose and minor cough. :grin:

Breathing keeps you alive. And PAP helps keep you breathing!
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-20-2012, 08:43 PM)EyesWideOpen Wrote: Those of you with the climate line tubing for the S9; Do you select 80 degrees and let it automatically select the correct humidity or do you manually select a specific humidity setting? I hate rain-out in the tube, and my first inclination is to allow the machine to automajically select the correct humidity level.

In the winter months, I use the default Auto setting (80% humidity & 80 degrees temperature).

For the summer months, I keep it in Auto, but change the temperature to 72 degrees.

The central A/C in the house is set at 71 degrees. It comes on when the temperature reaches 72 degrees & goes off at 70 degrees.

I live in an area with very high humidity - so I don't need as much added humidity in the summer.
Post Reply Post Reply
Too much or too little humidity cause me congestion
Just matter finding that sweet spot
Post Reply Post Reply
when I got my S9 my DME didn't say any thing about climate line tubing and I didn't know at the time so I didnt get the Tubing,from what I am hearing this may be something I need to try.
Post Reply Post Reply
I can say that this winter, I had absolutely no rainout. While it wasn't the coldest winter I've had, we keep the bedroom cold so rainout used to be a constant issue. I could get up, take off the mask, hold it in the air so the water drained out, put it back on, and go back to bed and never wake up.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Not Sure if Setting Changes Helping - Help Appreciated! WiscoKate 6 153 03-25-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: WiscoKate
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,184 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  AirSense 10 Max Pressure setting Tomt 13 856 03-04-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Tomt
  Using cleaning brushes in heated tubing TiredTom111 9 607 01-29-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 230 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  ResMed AirSense 11 + ClimateLine 11 Heated Tubing + Oxygen YankeeLaker 2 358 01-22-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: YankeeLaker
  Mold issue / cleaning CPAP (the unit, not tubing), Resmed S9 NightOwl42 9 757 01-19-2024, 11:29 PM
Last Post: NightOwl42

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.