Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ClimateAir Heating Tube
ClimateAir Heating Tube
My doctor has suggested that I start out with the ClimateAir heated tube for my new machine, but I'm wondering if it'll really make a difference or if I should save the money.

I'd love your input if you've had experience with both the standard tubing as well as the ClimateAir and have seen a difference.

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ClimateAir Heating Tube
(12-17-2015, 05:45 PM)alemap_pc Wrote: My doctor has suggested that I start out with the ClimateAir heated tube for my new machine, but I'm wondering if it'll really make a difference or if I should save the money.

I'd love your input if you've had experience with both the standard tubing as well as the ClimateAir and have seen a difference.

Thanks!

The primary purpose of the ClimateLine Air tube is to prevent condensation from the heated humidity. When the air cools in the tube, it can condense on the walls of the tube and eventually cause "rainout" which can block the tube and cause various malfunctions of the equipment.

The heated hose works very well if you use the "auto" Climate Control mode, in which the machine balances the humidity with the heat in the hose to prevent rainout. However, I've found that this setting is not humid enough for me, so I use a higher humidity setting and higher hose temperature to compensate. Be aware that as soon as you take the machine out of Auto climate control, you will start dealing with more frequent rainout issues and have to start messing with hose wraps, making your bedroom warmer, and/or emptying the tube out in the middle of the night.

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-17-2015, 05:57 PM)Possum Wrote: The primary purpose of the ClimateLine Air tube is to prevent condensation from the heated humidity. When the air cools in the tube, it can condense on the walls of the tube and eventually cause "rainout" which can block the tube and cause various malfunctions of the equipment.

The heated hose works very well if you use the "auto" Climate Control mode, in which the machine balances the humidity with the heat in the hose to prevent rainout. However, I've found that this setting is not humid enough for me, so I use a higher humidity setting and higher hose temperature to compensate. Be aware that as soon as you take the machine out of Auto climate control, you will start dealing with more frequent rainout issues and have to start messing with hose wraps, making your bedroom warmer, and/or emptying the tube out in the middle of the night.

Thank you for the feedback, Possum! I used the machine for the first time last night and planned to turn up the humidity tonight. Sounds like I should invest in the ClimateAir after all. Thanks again!

Post Reply Post Reply
The advantages of climate hose to regular hose are a lot of comfort for a extra $10.(resmed)
Go with the climate hose it will give you more options.
Post Reply Post Reply
When I started out using a CPAP the ClimateLine made all the difference in the world for me to become accustomed to my new sleeping environment. Now that I've become acclimated to the CPAP, I've found that I no longer need it. I do keep it around . . . just in case.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I didn't think I would like the climate feature hose as I HATE hot air blowing up my nose. Cokes used to be a nickel, and technology changes, so I gave it a try. The 1st 2 days or so, it felt warm, now its just as natural as can be. Give it a try, you can go back to the regular hose if it doesn't make you feel any better. AND I leave everything on auto, I think the machine is smarter than me...........Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
The default for newbies should be the climate hose. This is because it can be very frustrating to fuss with combating rainout issues while simultaneously trying to adjust to cpap therapy, masks, etc. You can always go to standard if it doesn't work for you.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm looking forward to trying a climate line hose and like humidity but I just used my machine without water and was fine with it. I'm traveling and didn't pick up distilled water. So, I guess I'm not too fussy about it either way. It's nice having options.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to ApneaBoard alemap_pc!

A lot of folks like using the ClimateLine hose. I have not yet used it. Look forward to hearing your thoughts on it!
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
My DME just handed me a ClimateLine soon after I started on CPAP. They didn't even charge me, and I won't go back to the standard tubing now. It's great, and they send me a new one every three months.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you take out the Tube Outlet Connector in the Airsense 11 to clean? dharma2255 7 187 04-16-2024, 10:03 AM
Last Post: dharma2255
  Tube Temp and Humidity Setting To Avoid Rainout tomkelly 10 279 04-11-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: tomkelly
  Cleaning the Airsense machine itself (not the mask, tube, chamber)? dharma2255 3 160 04-10-2024, 10:47 AM
Last Post: dharma2255
  Resmed Heating System Errors btreger 0 119 04-05-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Airsense 11. Heating system error Jskier 6 7,073 03-30-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: Ron LI
  Question on the Hybernite Rainout control tube runcyclexcski 2 164 03-21-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: runcyclexcski
  Tube Size - 12mm, 15mm and 22mm MrIvanDrago 8 563 02-23-2024, 09:31 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.