Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ClimateLine Connection Port
Question 
ClimateLine Connection Port
OK so I have a question Huh As many know now, I've acquired a ClimateLine hose for my ResMed S9. Furthermore my wife forbids me to use it when she's around because it causes radio interference (yes that's more important than my health apparently Nervous anyhow, I'm still often tired through the day and I tend to take afternoon naps.
THAT is the time I can use the ClimateLine without any hassles.

Question: when I'm using the standard hose should I put the cap back on the ClimateLine Connection Port or is it OK to just leave it?
I assume it was put there for a reason but I wanted to know if I can let it be or if I should keep putting it back on when I use the standard (which I prefer over the not-quite-as-flexible SlimLine) hose?
Huh
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ClimateLine Connection Port
leave the black cap on when you,re not using the climateline
also make sure to select the right hose type
standard for standard hose 19mm
slimline for slimline and climate line hoses 15mm
Post Reply Post Reply
It's just a dust cap. If you live in a dusty house (like I do), keeping the cap on it is important as it keeps the contacts clean. I would assume it would also protect it in high humidity situations.

It takes just a second or so to put it back on.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-23-2013, 12:37 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: It's just a dust cap. If you live in a dusty house (like I do), keeping the cap on it is important as it keeps the contacts clean. I would assume it would also protect it in high humidity situations.

It takes just a second or so to put it back on.

But several seconds to take it off and that's the problem. I'm not as co-ordinated as I'd like to be.
Post Reply Post Reply
I leave mine off 'cos I'm lazy. The dust cap protects against dust/corrosion of the terminals, or if you have the machine switched on with the hose disconnected, to prevent any random electrically conductive item shorting out the terminals inside the connector (pretty low probability there I agree, but I suppose in today's legal climate that possibility has to be addressed.)
Post Reply Post Reply
Sean,

You're supposed to remove the hose every day and hang it to allow it to completely dry-out according to ResMed.

I've always done this and I haven't had the cap on since I got my ClimateLine hose, my hose spends more time hanging than it does being attached to the H5i.

The hose contacts only carry DC current, not really a shock hazard.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-24-2013, 11:21 AM)TheWerkz Wrote: Sean,

You're supposed to remove the hose every day and hang it to allow it to completely dry-out according to ResMed.

I've always done this and I haven't had the cap on since I got my ClimateLine hose, my hose spends more time hanging than it does being attached to the H5i.

The hose contacts only carry DC current, not really a shock hazard.

Ah. Thanks. Now that you mention it I have read that but it didn't really register in this frozen brain of mine. And the ClimateLine hose is easy to take on and off. The port cap is more awkward. So is the SlimLine and "standard" (which is what I use regularly) hoses.
But perhaps I should try to make a habit of it. Thanks for reminding me of what probably should have been obvious.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResMed AirSense 11 + ClimateLine 11 Heated Tubing + Oxygen YankeeLaker 2 359 01-22-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: YankeeLaker
  ClimateLine tubing Palmtrees 20 2,082 11-03-2023, 05:33 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  What's the latest on the connection between PTSD and OSA/UARS? TryingToGetItRight 0 411 10-08-2023, 09:23 PM
Last Post: TryingToGetItRight
  Airsense 11 and climateline o2 Teeleidor 5 551 09-26-2023, 09:32 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Constantly Rainout with Climateline all of a sudden, help? tierdal 6 761 09-21-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Lucky7
Question Top of the head tubing connection problems GaspForAir 2 462 09-05-2023, 06:09 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  Dreamstation1 battery connection kit good on DS2? OneSnorer 0 429 06-10-2023, 02:52 PM
Last Post: OneSnorer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.