Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ClimateLine Hose Cover
RE: ClimateLine Hose Cover
I use a cover on my heated hose because I don't like the feel of the plastic hose resting next to me on the bed. The hose cover is lightweight and does not appear to interfere with the temperature sensing part of the hose.
Post Reply Post Reply
I ended up using a hose cover as my hose would make scraping noises every time I moved as it drapes over my wooden headboard. The cover eliminates all noise due to any such movement.
Post Reply Post Reply
please forgive my ignorance, my son (9 yrs) uses a bipap and his hose is worn and failing near the connection area to the mask. we are looking for a hose cover and have been told there is no such thing and to make him NOT sleep the way he does (on his face half the time). where would I find this type of hose cover that you have referred to???  thank you for your time and understanding for this novice mom.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-04-2017, 02:42 AM)mightiemom Wrote: please forgive my ignorance, my son (9 yrs) uses a bipap and his hose is worn and failing near the connection area to the mask. we are looking for a hose cover and have been told there is no such thing and to make him NOT sleep the way he does (on his face half the time). where would I find this type of hose cover that you have referred to???  thank you for your time and understanding for this novice mom.

Search for cpap hose cover on Amazon. You will find all kinds. A cover with a zipper is easier to put on the hose, although one without a zipper is not too hard to put on as long as you put a little kitchen platic wrap on one end of the hose before trying to push it through the cover. You will need to measure the hose before choosing a cover. The most common length is 6 feet, but they also come in 8 and 12 foot lengths. A 6 foot cover will be around $15.00 plus shipping.

If his hose is showing wear and signs of failure you may want to get another hose as well. Amazon has those as well. They are $42.00
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I recently bought one from Supplier #1 under the brand Snugglehose. Works great and is 13.95 plus not much shipping. This is the second of these that we have in the household. They are easy to use and soft to the touch. It sure beats having that hard hose touching your face.

Be sure to get a backup hose for your son. Medical insurance usually covers a replacement every 6-months. If you're not insured for that, a new one is under $40 and you can order it at the same time as you get the hose cover and save on shipping. You don't want to have a failure and be waiting on a replacement.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-04-2017, 08:36 AM)pupcamper Wrote: The most common length is 6 feet, but they also come in 8 and 12 foot lengths.

Do they make them even shorter? I'd like to be able to cover only the short hose, which is a part of the P10 pillows mask. The main hose is not an issue, as it is heated and it does not come close to my head. If the shortest hose cover available is 6 feet, I'm afraid it might make disconnecting the mask for regular cleaning difficult, since its connection to the main heated hose would be somewhere in the middle of the hose cover.
Post Reply Post Reply
They do make short hose covers. I have one. If I remember correctly, it's the same brand as the one sleeprider mentioned.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-04-2017, 12:09 PM)ppca Wrote:
(03-04-2017, 08:36 AM)pupcamper Wrote: The most common length is 6 feet, but they also come in 8 and 12 foot lengths.

Do they make them even shorter? I'd like to be able to cover only the short hose, which is a part of the P10 pillows mask. The main hose is not an issue, as it is heated and it does not come close to my head. If the shortest hose cover available is 6 feet, I'm afraid it might make disconnecting the mask for regular cleaning difficult, since its connection to the main heated hose would be somewhere in the middle of the hose cover.

Supplier #31 makes hose covers for the short hoses that attach directly to masks like the P10, as well as covers for the other hoses.  Really nice stuff, but a bit more expensive as she is a small cottage business.

I use the 6-foot snugglehose to cover within a few inches of the mask, and leave the 18" of the climateline near the machine uncovered.  I don't need that part covered, and so I have a soft cover all the way to the mask and off the bed.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It appears that most of these short covers, if not all of them, regardless of the brand name, don't have a zipper.

I guess I could probably get one of those 6-foot snugglehoses, the ones with the zipper. I assume the zipper goes all the way, so removing the mask, and/or the main hose for cleaning should not be an issue.

Since my main hose is a heated ResMed hose, will these snugglehoses be able to fit it (I think that the heated hose might be a bit wider than the regular ones)? I know I don't need the cover for a heated hose, but these longer covers seem to be the only ones with zippers.
Post Reply Post Reply
ppca, you really don't need a hose cover with a zipper for an 18" hose. It's just too short, and the cover will come on and off easily.

I made one for my 18" hose on the P10. I used an older hose cover than I was no longer using and cut to size. One end already had velcro. I attached Velcro on the cut side and it works perfectly.

For anyone wondering why put a hose cover on a heated hose....one reason and the most important is that it stops rainout. (if you have that problem.) The other reason is simply for comfort.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Hose volume Willw 4 236 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 229 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  ResMed AirSense 11 + ClimateLine 11 Heated Tubing + Oxygen YankeeLaker 2 358 01-22-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: YankeeLaker
  How often to replace mask, hose, etc. bigla6940 6 580 12-30-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: bigla6940
  Do I have to "clean" my heated CPAP hose? Labromaniac 13 1,289 12-28-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Palmtrees
  Oxygen into CPAP hose when at high altitude Lfmichel 4 543 12-20-2023, 09:39 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Equipment] Airsense 11 Heated Hose MJLeveille 3 638 12-12-2023, 05:18 PM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.