Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ClimateLine Hose Cover
RE: ClimateLine Hose Cover
mightiemom,
If your son's hose is cracked at the connection or anywhere else or the connection is bad, you will need to replace it.  This will compromise therapy by possibly leaking.

Check the Supplier list at top of page.  There are many vendors that sell hose covers.

Also check out the snugglehose web site.  They sell speciality covers for kids.  Some with designs to match their interests.  Anything to keep a kid happy!  

Good luck and welcome to the forum.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't have a zipper on either of my Snugglehose covers. I used to struggle with trying to feed the hose by shoving it in and collecting fabric to force it through the cover. I even used to cover the end with a slick plastic cover. Then I found an ingenious solution. I insert the mask-end into the cover, and just feed it in as I hold the cover at chest level. The hose drops in by gravity.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
ppca,

Using a little cling wrap on the end you put into the cover first makes it a lot easier to slide the cover over your hose if it doesn't have a zipper.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
No rainouts here, I'm planning to get a cover strictly for comfort. Definitely looking for the ones with zippers. I don't think anybody makes short hose covers with zippers, and it appears that the prices of full 6-foot covers with zippers are actually in the same range, or even lower than the 18" ones without zippers. That is why I'm thinking of getting a full 6-foot Snugglehose cover.

For anyone who uses these, how easy are they to attach and take off? Do these zippers go the full length of the cover?

Thanks for your feedback, folks!
Post Reply Post Reply
The 6-foot hose just drops in and slips out. Snugglehose has a velcro strap at the end to keep it from slipping once in place. I think a zipper is unnecessary, but go for what works for you. I usually launder the cover once a month, but more frequent would be okay.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-30-2017, 06:07 PM)SaldusMiegas Wrote: Why would someone use a cover on a heated hose?  

I don't use one on my heated hose, but there are a few reasons why someone would.  I'm sure there are others I haven't thought about. If you are having no problems, no need to get/use one.

1. Hose rubs up against something like bed headboard making sound and/or wearing the hose shortening its life span.
2. The air arrives to your mask at a higher temperature.
3. Some people keep their rooms VERY cold and a heated hose alone isn't enough to eliminate the rainout problem.
4. Protection from pets.
5. Less of a 'medical' look.
6. Allows you to hook it up to certain types of hose holders (especially the temp ones for away from home).
7. Habit. Used one for years before getting heated hose.
Post Reply Post Reply
8. And they feel OK or even good when rubbing on you.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Hose volume Willw 4 235 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 228 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  ResMed AirSense 11 + ClimateLine 11 Heated Tubing + Oxygen YankeeLaker 2 356 01-22-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: YankeeLaker
  How often to replace mask, hose, etc. bigla6940 6 577 12-30-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: bigla6940
  Do I have to "clean" my heated CPAP hose? Labromaniac 13 1,288 12-28-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Palmtrees
  Oxygen into CPAP hose when at high altitude Lfmichel 4 543 12-20-2023, 09:39 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Equipment] Airsense 11 Heated Hose MJLeveille 3 638 12-12-2023, 05:18 PM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.