Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ClimateLine Temp and Humidity Level
ClimateLine Temp and Humidity Level
I am new to the CPAP world--been on therapy for three nights now. I have a question about my equipment: I have a ResMed S9 with the Hi5 Humidifier and the ClimateLine heated tube. I notice that without the ClimateLine tube I can adjust humidity level, but after I connect the ClimateLine tube, I lose the ability to adjust the humidity, but gain the ability to adjust the temperature. Is there an interplay here I am unaware of? When I adjust humidity level, do I lose this adjustment when I plug in the ClimateLine tube? DoI have to raise the temperature setting to effectively increase the humidity or can I leave it alone? Any help is appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ClimateLine Temp and Humidity Level
Hi davidajackson,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang on and someone will help you with your Climateline question, soon.
Best of luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Climate line user instructions http://www.resmed.com/au/assets/document...lo_eng.pdf

You can set the climate line on auto or manual modes
auto: you can set temp to your preference while protecting against rainout
manual: you can set temp and humidity separately to your preference, no rainout protection

you can set climate control on "auto,manual or patient" in the clinical menu (options), on "patient " gives the choice to change it to auto or manual on the home screen

Instructions http://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-s9-cpap-setup
S9 clinical manual available by email, scroll to section three to ask for the manual
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you. I had it on "patient" setting. Now to find the right temp/humidity balance. Thanks again for your help.
Post Reply Post Reply
Leaving it on "auto" is almost always the best. There's a sensor in the machine that detects the room's humidity and sets it automatically for you. You may find it easier to go back to that. I tried to do the manual thing for a while and it wasn't worth it. I kept getting rain out.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Same here Paula, auto seems to work best. I played with it a few nights and found the right setting. I have the temp on 72 humidity is just right.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, thanks. I guess my confusion stems from the fact that I can adjust the humidity even when set on Auto while the ClimateLine tube is not plugged in. I tried it on Auto the first two nights, and had only slight irritation. Just trying to tweak. I'll try a warmer temp tonight with the Auto setting.
Post Reply Post Reply
If I understand it correctly, the temperature is not the temp of the water, but the hose. The machine figures out the humidity level based on that and the ambient humidity in the room. So the higher you turn up the temp of the hose, the more humid you get.

I think.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Just got the ClimateLine hose and not sure what temp to set it to. The default is 80 which I think might be too warm so I am going to start at 72 and work from there.

Any suggestions / recommendations?
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-12-2014, 06:48 PM)bmxdadtoo Wrote: Just got the ClimateLine hose and not sure what temp to set it to. The default is 80 which I think might be too warm so I am going to start at 72 and work from there.

Any suggestions / recommendations?
Welcome to the forum, bmxdadtoo
Using the ClimatLine on auto mode prevents rainout (water in the hose)

Start with this setting and see how you feel
Turn down if air feels too hot, wet or humid

Turn up if air feels too cold
Dry nose or mouth (dry mouth can be also sign of mouth breathing)
Congested or runny nose (for some people, the opposite is true)

Everyone is different, matter of trial and error
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bi-Level Help, Prisma 25ST Macka 0 88 03-21-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Macka
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 18 2,017 03-19-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: motivationalGust
  New Bi Level AC/11 VAUTO skcampbell2 19 473 03-18-2024, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  APAP->Bi-level Titrating sleepymf 8 590 03-11-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: sleepymf
  humidity level frustration sleepingbetterinFl 2 158 03-08-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  For those that have switched from PAP to Bi-level... CPAPnerd 7 432 01-23-2024, 05:26 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
  ResMed AirSense 11 + ClimateLine 11 Heated Tubing + Oxygen YankeeLaker 2 359 01-22-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: YankeeLaker

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.