Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ClimateLine tubing
ClimateLine tubing
How to set the ClimateLine tubing temp?  I have experimented with many masks, pillows, etc. and finally find the Brevida nasal pillows are the best for me...when I use them, I get 0.3 AHI and a good night's sleep.  Dry mouth was a big problem until I jacked up the humidity to 7 and taped my mouth shut.  then the rain-out started, so I got the ClimateLine tubing.  Automatic setting for it is humidity 4 and temp 80 degrees F.  Back to the dry mouth, throat, and nose.   I need to set the humidity higher... I live in So. Fla and we have a high humidity almost all the time which is very comfortable for me.  My question is:  what temp to set the tubing at?  The house is 76 degrees.  Set the tubing at the same?  Higher?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ClimateLine tubing
You get more humidity yield with manual settings than automatic. The objective for the tube temperature is to prevent condensation on a cooler tube surface. A setting of 80 degrees F 26C is usually sufficient. If you notice condensation, raise it. I also use a fleece tube cover. It helps prevent condensation but is also more comfortable to sleep with.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
+1 to a hose cover.  Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
the tubing never feels warm to the touch. Normal?
Post Reply Post Reply
Think about it. 80 degrees is much lower than body temperature and won't feel warm. It's just there to prevent a cold surface, below the dew point, for water to condense on.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I like to use manual mode for humidity because it seems to work the best for myself (Auto sensors Blah= rainout). I have the Resmed climate hose cozy and have my hose temperature set at 82 F and humidity set at 4 and I do not get rainout. I think I can not set the humidity higher or it would be drain the water tank and that is not a good situation because you start to heat a tank made of plastic and the smell is not nice at all.
I look at the tank in the morning and there is not much left in the reservoir so if I sleep 8 hrs it would be pushing it close to being totally drained.
I still wake up in the morning with a bit of a dry sensation but it is worse when not using humidity. I do not think there is a perfect setting that will satisfy a person but you can get close to it IMO.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, thank you for the info!
Post Reply Post Reply
Ditto the manual mode for humidity. I typically use between 4-8 and between 75-86 on the heated hose. I found manual mode didn't give me enough humidity.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-06-2020, 04:17 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: You get more humidity yield with manual settings than automatic.  The objective for the tube temperature is to prevent condensation on a cooler tube surface. A setting of 80 degrees F 26C is usually sufficient. If you notice condensation, raise it.  I also use a fleece tube cover. It helps prevent condensation but is also more comfortable to sleep with.

I've been meaning to ask you about this. Looks like you are using a cover AND tube heating?

Reason I ask is, at 80F I don't get rainout but can't stand the "hog dogs breath" feeling in a FFM. Lately it's been waking me up.

I can generally keep the ambient humidity in the room between 40-50 pretty much year round. Temp between 65-70 ambient.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Using cleaning brushes in heated tubing TiredTom111 9 606 01-29-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  ResMed AirSense 11 + ClimateLine 11 Heated Tubing + Oxygen YankeeLaker 2 355 01-22-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: YankeeLaker
  Mold issue / cleaning CPAP (the unit, not tubing), Resmed S9 NightOwl42 9 755 01-19-2024, 11:29 PM
Last Post: NightOwl42
  Oxyair tubing for Resmed AS11? CactusJack2 2 392 12-25-2023, 05:44 PM
Last Post: CactusJack2
  Tubing Mod to Reduce Resmed Airmini + Zephair adapter Inhalation Noise dil950 1 623 12-21-2023, 06:04 AM
Last Post: RSki
  GRRR. DME supplier shipped ClimateLineAir Heated Tubing in a BAG DaveInDenver 4 545 11-12-2023, 10:32 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  eson2 mask and heat tubing kerm007 2 403 10-07-2023, 02:56 PM
Last Post: kerm007

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.