Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Climateline hose care question
Climateline hose care question
Those of you who use the climateline hose, what do you do with it when not using the machine? Do you disconnect it from the CPAP and the mask and hang it somewhere? Do you leave it connected to the machine but disconnect the mask? Do you leave it connected to both the CPAP and the mask?

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Climateline hose care question
PaytonA, I leave mine attached to the CPAP, I use my own home made hose lift so it's out of the way. I wash it twice a week and hang it over the shower to drain, then attach it to the CPAP at night. I've been doing it for the last 3 years and it works for me Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi PaytonA,
I leave my "ClimateLine" connected to the mask and the machine when I'm not using it and I have it hanging on a hoselift.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
My practice is similar to Trish and Tez62 but the without the hose lift. Hose connected to the machine and mask all the time
As for "hang it over the shower to drain" .... I don't think the bathroom is the best place to hang the hose Thinking-about

After the S9 stopped, keep blowing air up to an hour to cool the heater plate and dry the hose
Post Reply Post Reply
I leave mine connected to the machine except when every month or two when I rinse it out by running hot water through it for a few minutes then hanging it to dry.
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
Except for cleaning day, I leave everything attached. I have a hook in the wall for it. On cleaning day, I drape everything over a couple of sturdy plastic hangers to let air dry.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the replies. I was wondering because with my standard hose, I disconnect everything every morning and hang the hose. I also have 2 hoses and use them alternately. It did not seem like the right way to proceed with the climateline hose.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Greetings PaytonA,

Since I just got my APAP and Climate-line hose on Sept 20th the info from the class is fresh (well, sort of) in my mind. We were told to wash it weekly using mild soap, baby shampoo or body wash is good, and hang to dry. I hang my hose, along with my hubby's regular hose, over the kitchen sink. I have colanders/strainers hanging on hooks over the kitchen sink and I drape the hoses over the colanders/strainers.

Nothing was said about disconnecting it from the humidifier each day, but I note the ResMed does a "cool down" for about an hour after I off the pressure.
Evpraxia in the Pacific Northwest USA
Diagnosed: 44 AHI when supine, O2 down to 82%
Treated since 20 Sept 2014:: 0.7 AHI, Settings 7-15, EPR on Full Time at Level 3
Better living through CPAP/APAP machines!
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-21-2014, 11:23 AM)Evpraxia Wrote: Greetings PaytonA,

Since I just got my APAP and Climate-line hose on Sept 20th the info from the class is fresh (well, sort of) in my mind. We were told to wash it weekly using mild soap, baby shampoo or body wash is good, and hang to dry. I hang my hose, along with my hubby's regular hose, over the kitchen sink. I have colanders/strainers hanging on hooks over the kitchen sink and I drape the hoses over the colanders/strainers.

Nothing was said about disconnecting it from the humidifier each day, but I note the ResMed does a "cool down" for about an hour after I off the pressure.

Whoa, you got a CLASS. I am going back for a partial refund. I got, "Here is your machine and your mask. See ya!". My learning has been restricted to this forum and my own little experiments. I started out with Crapria as my DME. Sad to say I am back with them but I no longer need their RTs and they supply me well.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-21-2014, 11:12 AM)PaytonA Wrote: Thanks for the replies. I was wondering because with my standard hose, I disconnect everything every morning and hang the hose. I also have 2 hoses and use them alternately. It did not seem like the right way to proceed with the climateline hose.

Best Regards,

PaytonA
I don't think you should change your routine for the heated hose, do what you normally do ... hose is a hose, heated or standard/non-heated
ResMed recommend your way, don't change your ways for someone else crooked ways Too-funny

From http://www.resmed.eu/us/assets/documents...lo_eng.pdf

Cleaning and maintenance
You should regularly carry out cleaning and maintenance as described in this section.
Daily
Disconnect the air tubing and hang it in a clean, dry place until next use

Weekly
1. Remove the air tubing from the H5i and the mask.
2. Wash the air tubing in warm water using mild detergent.
3. Rinse thoroughly, hang and allow to dry out of direct sunlight.
4. Before next use, reconnect the air tubing to the air outlet and mask

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Hose volume Willw 4 236 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 228 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  ResMed AirSense 11 + ClimateLine 11 Heated Tubing + Oxygen YankeeLaker 2 356 01-22-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: YankeeLaker
  How often to replace mask, hose, etc. bigla6940 6 578 12-30-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: bigla6940
  Do I have to "clean" my heated CPAP hose? Labromaniac 13 1,289 12-28-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Palmtrees
  Oxygen into CPAP hose when at high altitude Lfmichel 4 543 12-20-2023, 09:39 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Equipment] Airsense 11 Heated Hose MJLeveille 3 638 12-12-2023, 05:18 PM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.