Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Climateline hose care question
RE: Climateline hose care question
(10-21-2014, 02:35 PM)zonk Wrote:
(10-21-2014, 11:12 AM)PaytonA Wrote: Thanks for the replies. I was wondering because with my standard hose, I disconnect everything every morning and hang the hose. I also have 2 hoses and use them alternately. It did not seem like the right way to proceed with the climateline hose.

Best Regards,

PaytonA
I don't think you should change your routine for the heated hose, do what you normally do ... hose is a hose, heated or standard/non-heated
ResMed recommend your way, don't change your ways for someone else crooked ways Too-funny

From http://www.resmed.eu/us/assets/documents...lo_eng.pdf

Cleaning and maintenance
You should regularly carry out cleaning and maintenance as described in this section.
Daily
Disconnect the air tubing and hang it in a clean, dry place until next use

Weekly
1. Remove the air tubing from the H5i and the mask.
2. Wash the air tubing in warm water using mild detergent.
3. Rinse thoroughly, hang and allow to dry out of direct sunlight.
4. Before next use, reconnect the air tubing to the air outlet and mask

Thanks Zonk. I was just thinking of the electrical contacts that the climateline has.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I never have a rainout; have never seen one drop of condensation.

I leave the hose connected for a while, because the S9 pushes air at a slow rate after shutoff, to dry the hose. Then I just disconnect the tub end for the rest of the day.

My DME tech suggests just taking the hose with me into the shower every couple of weeks; put a small drop of baby shampoo in there, and just douche it out good. Now that I have a cozy I will probably not do that quite as often.

But bottom line, you want any moisture out of the hose, just like you want no moisture in your ears. Stuff starts to grow, given a warm wet environment. Stuff you don't really want.
Post Reply Post Reply
I leave the climateline connected to the S9 each morning for about 1 hour after I get up, to allow the S9 to dry out the interior of the climateline hose, i.e with the water tank removed from the H5i and the S9 running in cool down mode after use. I then disconnect it and hang it up as per Remed instructions. I also wash the climateline weekly with a mild detergent and tubebrush and let it dry out thoroughly before the next use.
Post Reply Post Reply
Greetings all;

From the "For What it is worth" department...Here is a photo of the weekly APAP cleaning routine:

[Image: APAPaccessoriesdryingA_zpsc1e26464.jpg]

The hoses drip into the kitchen sink and I use a towel to absorb as much water as possible from hubby's chin strap and our headgear as possible before I hang them up. Yes, they are by a window but the window faces east so after about 10am there is NO direct sunlight coming in the window.

Mine are the light blue headgear (in the back right) and the heated hose, my hubby has the navy blue headgear and the regular hose.
Evpraxia in the Pacific Northwest USA
Diagnosed: 44 AHI when supine, O2 down to 82%
Treated since 20 Sept 2014:: 0.7 AHI, Settings 7-15, EPR on Full Time at Level 3
Better living through CPAP/APAP machines!
Post Reply Post Reply
Stays hooked to the machine all the time.

OMM
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-21-2014, 02:35 PM)zonk Wrote:
(10-21-2014, 11:12 AM)PaytonA Wrote: Thanks for the replies. I was wondering because with my standard hose, I disconnect everything every morning and hang the hose. I also have 2 hoses and use them alternately. It did not seem like the right way to proceed with the climateline hose.

Best Regards,

PaytonA
I don't think you should change your routine for the heated hose, do what you normally do ... hose is a hose, heated or standard/non-heated
ResMed recommend your way, don't change your ways for someone else crooked ways Too-funny

From http://www.resmed.eu/us/assets/documents...lo_eng.pdf

Cleaning and maintenance
You should regularly carry out cleaning and maintenance as described in this section.
Daily
Disconnect the air tubing and hang it in a clean, dry place until next use

Weekly
1. Remove the air tubing from the H5i and the mask.
2. Wash the air tubing in warm water using mild detergent.
3. Rinse thoroughly, hang and allow to dry out of direct sunlight.
4. Before next use, reconnect the air tubing to the air outlet and mask

I follow the routine that Zonk describes and it seems to work well for me.

Post Reply Post Reply
With CPAP, cleanliness is next to godliness. Just think about what is being blown into your lungs. Having said that, I leave everything hooked up. I wipe down the mask with a Citris II wipe (not a disinfectant but gets rid of the slobber and crud). Once a week I take the hose, mask and humidifier tank (if being used) and wash in odour free soapy water and use a soft pain brush to clean the crevices. I then rinse well. I replace the hot soapy water with a water/Control III disinfectant solution and swish it through the whole shebang letting it remain wet for at least 15 minutes while I do something else. Then I rinse the whole shebang LIBERALLY with plain clear warm water until I am sure I have removed all of the Control III solution. Everything is now cleaned and disinfected. Sounds like a lot of work but in reality it takes all of 5 minutes at most, hands on. Now.... to complicate things further, I have 4 sets of 'doings' and rotate them through the month, so I actually only do this exercise once a month. I have had one cold in five years despite a compromised immune system and compromised lungs since 2009 from Influenza A/H1N1 that put me on life support for three weeks. I never want to go there again. For the sake of 5 - 10 minutes every month I feel safer. BTW, small adjustments.... I empty and rinse the humidifier water tray every other day when being used and refill with fresh distilled sterile water + I wipe things down daily with a Citris II wipe, etc. The bottom line is cleanliness is close to Godliness when it comes to what is being blown into your lungs. Oh. And change your air filters once in a while... keeps your machine clean on the inside.

But, as they say, each to their own.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Educate, Advocate, Contemplate.
Herein lies personal opinion, no professional advice, which ALL are well advised to seek.

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-25-2014, 09:34 PM)OMyMyOHellYes Wrote: Stays hooked to the machine all the time.

In any case, I think it is good to replace hose every 6 months or year. I think most insurance companies in U.S. allow this.

I think it is important to change the big rubbery lid gasket every 6 months or year, too, because otherwise it may start to get moldy.

If the hose is left attached all the time, I think it would be more important than ever to at least remove the water tub immediately upon awakening, so the hose will be dried out well during cool-down cycle (20 minutes on ResMed machines, I think) and will stay very dry all day.

I use heavily filtered "purified" water available for 30 cents a gallon at commercial water machines, and I dump whatever is left daily into a container for weekly watering of my house plants.

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Mine is held in a hose hanger and left connected to the machine at all times, there is never any condensation and the hose looks and smells as clean as the day it arrived. Its never been cleaned in 4 1/2 years. The mask is washed weekly.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-20-2014, 10:35 PM)PaytonA Wrote: Those of you who use the climateline hose, what do you do with it when not using the machine? Do you disconnect it from the CPAP and the mask and hang it somewhere? Do you leave it connected to the machine but disconnect the mask? Do you leave it connected to both the CPAP and the mask?

Best Regards,

PaytonA

----------------
I leave mine on the machine. I wash the hose twice a week in warm water using ivory soap. I hook it up to an older cpap that will blow air constantly- it dries out the hose great.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Hose volume Willw 4 232 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 227 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  ResMed AirSense 11 + ClimateLine 11 Heated Tubing + Oxygen YankeeLaker 2 355 01-22-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: YankeeLaker
  How often to replace mask, hose, etc. bigla6940 6 577 12-30-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: bigla6940
  Do I have to "clean" my heated CPAP hose? Labromaniac 13 1,287 12-28-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Palmtrees
  Oxygen into CPAP hose when at high altitude Lfmichel 4 543 12-20-2023, 09:39 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Equipment] Airsense 11 Heated Hose MJLeveille 3 638 12-12-2023, 05:18 PM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.