Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Climateline hose end issue
Climateline hose end issue
Hi gang,

Well, I know it has been discussed a long time in the past, but rather than resurrect that thread, I thought I'd start something newer as I have a solution too.

As some here have experienced, the Climateline hose for the Resmed S9 can stretch at the mask coupler end. If the hose runs a little funny, it can tug on the mask and stretch the end of the hose. Now, you'd think the rubber / silicone end would return to the original shape...but for some reason, though it returns to round, it does deform in diameter. Eventually it gets to the point where your Climatline hose won't readily hold the mask coupler anymore.

If it hasn't stretched much, a good wash of the inside of the end of the hose can help...it becomes a little more grippy. In my case, that helped some, but every few days the hose would blast off the mask in use. A real PITA.

So, what did I find that works? A small-ish ziptie. Insert the mask coupler into the hose and snug up a ziptie on the outside of the hose. If you do it "just right" you can connect and disconnect the mask coupler at will and it holds it fast when you sleep. If you want (or have a mask that has a detachable elbow like the F10, Quattro Air or FitLife) you can crank it down so it really hold on. After all, zipties are cheap...easy enough to cut the little ones off with a nail clipper.

I do recommend using an Emory board or similar to file down the sharp edges of the ziptie, though....keeps it from snagging the pillow case, scratching you or similar.

Easy solution to save replacing a perfectly good Climateline hose that has stretched.

Cheers Smile
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Climateline hose end issue
Hi PsychoMike,

Are you talking about those plastic things you use to keep electrical wires together??
Thanks for the great tip, good to see you again on the main forum.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, Trish.

And there are removable, reusable zip ties, too.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Paula,
Either way, it's a great tip.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
wrap the connector with Teflon tape as hose end stretches add more tape
the plumber solution
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP toppled over/water issue Visitor 7 7,319 03-17-2024, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Willow85
  Airsense 10 / Oscar clock issue. pixpop 1 76 03-15-2024, 07:35 PM
Last Post: pixpop
  hypertension issue PaulaO2 19 621 03-04-2024, 05:56 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
Question A New Machine Issue and Another Thing! pamm777 1 168 03-02-2024, 05:12 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Hose volume Willw 4 220 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  AirSense 10 heating & humidifier issue Wingnut Warrior 2 332 02-08-2024, 11:13 PM
Last Post: Wingnut Warrior
  Humidification Issue With Air Mini ICS55 15 5,201 02-08-2024, 10:16 AM
Last Post: pwnorris

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.