Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Clinician Setting on Older S9 Machine:
RE: Clinician Setting on Older S9 Machine:
(05-19-2016, 07:31 PM)DesertMax Wrote: Thanks... I'm shopping for a Chromebook so if need be I'll just do that..

You can't use SleepyHead on a Chromebook.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm running SleepyHead just fine on my Windows 7 laptop. Lots of other people are, too.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-19-2016, 10:53 PM)DesertMax Wrote: So if it does run on Win rigs, would there really be any tangible advantage
in buying a Linux rig when I would have had no reason to otherwise do that?

well, it's not a linux vs windows 'rig' question, since linux will work perfectly fine on a formerly windows machine, you can set it up to boot into either, if that's your preference.

the advantage of linux is that it can be very lightweight, so a machine that might have been good with win xp, but really slow with vista, or 7, would be snappier and faster than it was when it was new.

speed and performance... that's the advantage.

I've got a work thinkpad, that's quad core, vs my personal dual core that I'm using here. the work one has windows 7 on it. it takes it quite a while to go to sleep when I hit the 'sleep' button, maybe half a minute. whereas this one, about 2 seconds. the linux notebook also boots *MUCH* faster, and wakes up from sleep *much* faster. and, of course, while viruses on windows are omnipresent, they're exceedingly rare on linux.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok so I like Win 7 and this desktop I'm on is 7. For now as soon as I get my card reader I'll just plan to get started with SH... Thanks again for all the great help... signing off for this day..
Post Reply Post Reply
I got really tired as usual this afternoon and took a short nap. Woke up with my head on fire and my heart pounding. When I checked my machine a little later it read 0.8 hours and 45.6 AHI Is that even possible?
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-20-2016, 10:30 PM)DesertMax Wrote: it read 0.8 hours and 45.6 AHI Is that even possible?

why wouldn't it be?

max theoretical AHI is 360 though you'd be pretty hard pressed to do that.

240 would probably be a more practical max.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the response..
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok I got my card reader and have downloaded results from last time I used my machine..
I get better sleep without it sometimes so go back and forth. This is partly because I
have not ever seen any good results using the machine and have seen that without.

So how do I upload data from SleepyHead to the AB? Thanks...
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-20-2016, 10:30 PM)DesertMax Wrote: When I checked my machine a little later it read 0.8 hours and 45.6 AHI Is that even possible?

Yes. 45.6 events per hour times 0.8 hours equals about 36 or 37 events. (There's round-off error there because of the short amount of time.)

Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-27-2016, 10:05 AM)DesertMax Wrote: So how do I upload data from SleepyHead to the AB? Thanks...

I don't know what that means.

You take the SD card out of your machine, insert it in your computer, then import the data using SleepyHead.

Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,294 04-15-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
Information NOTICE: New Clinician Manuals NOW AVAILABLE SuperSleeper 72 79,232 04-14-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Resmed Airsense 10 time to return to low pressure setting jfchap 3 126 04-13-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Tube Temp and Humidity Setting To Avoid Rainout tomkelly 10 266 04-11-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: tomkelly
  Trigger Setting Switch - Aircurve 10 MrIvanDrago 4 149 04-09-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  CPAP to ASV setting translation? Moemah123 2 519 04-03-2024, 10:30 AM
Last Post: Yujiyun
Question Not Sure if Setting Changes Helping - Help Appreciated! WiscoKate 6 250 03-25-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: WiscoKate

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.