Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Clinician Setting on Older S9 Machine:
RE: Clinician Setting on Older S9 Machine:
That just makes so much sense. I wonder if I actually have the data from the last sleep study? I will call and make an appt with my Pulmonary and tell them I need the settings. Do you think they will let me have them?

Also on the card reader front: how about this one? <Commercial link removed>

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-18-2016, 10:34 PM)DesertMax Wrote: That just makes so much sense. I wonder if I actually have the data from the last sleep study? I will call and make an appt with my Pulmonary and tell them I need the settings. Do you think they will let me have them?

Also on the card reader front: how about this one?
<commercial link removed>
I'd *guess* that card reader would be fine.

also, I don't agree that you have to go back to whatever settings were prescribed... I've seen too many people who's prescribed settings were far from optimal.

once you've got the card reader, and you start looking at your data, then it's generally pretty easy to start moving the settings intelligently in the right direction.

but, you DO need to have the data available.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hmmm so now I have to agree in a way with both sort of opposing views and here's why:
Moderator kindly pointed out to use the "sleep study" settings and I can't argue with that. (However, I never received a machine that worked at the time of said study and they got everything totally screwed up and I ended up with the short end of the stick!!! I was told by a front line person at the outfit in Bend that dispensed the machine to me that "they gave you the wrong machine!" so in a way, where the hell ARE my settings from that last study anyhow? Does anyone even know?)

and now palerider has made an extremely strong argument for using card reader data to "start moving the settings intelligently in the right direction."
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-18-2016, 10:53 PM)DesertMax Wrote: Hmmm so now I have to agree in a way with both sort of opposing views and here's why:
Moderator kindly pointed out

just remember that there are no positions or titles granted on the board that indicate the quality of advice the person gives about cpap. all the positions granted on the board are due to number of posts made, and whether that person has some other duties granted... "security guard", "cop", "committee member", "editor", "owner", etc.

another board I'm on uses "bear rating" for people... "trainee" "disaster" "master" "overlord" (the owner likes bears... )

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-18-2016, 10:53 PM)DesertMax Wrote: Moderator kindly pointed out to use the "sleep study" settings and I can't argue with that.

The reason I said start there is because you told us you've made numerous changes to the settings. So the process used to arrive at your current settings is random adjustment. The process used to arrive at your prescribed settings is a sleep study.

The important thing is that you do something. That starts with using software to look at your data. I also recommend you visit a doctor who treats sleep apnea as a specialty.

Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-18-2016, 11:06 PM)palerider Wrote: just remember that there are no positions or titles granted on the board that indicate the quality of advice the person gives about cpap.

And there never will be. Advice given on a message board is no substitute for the advice given by qualified medical providers.

Drop this topic.

Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wow! For some reason although I have checked "receive em's" I had not idea these last few posts were here. Well I have to say thanks before anything else. I am following along and paying very close attention to all of you and the fact is that you all appear to have more knowledge and experience with cpap than do I so can not thank you enough...
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok guys. I ordered the sd card reader and it will arrive inside of a week. Then I can use the SleepyHead program. I am very interested in using the system you have in place here. As I understand it, I will be able to use the card reader to transfer the data from a previous nights sleep utilizing my S9 to my PC and then upload data to the quorum to get valuable feedback with machine settings. If this is correct then I am very excited about the possibilities! If there is at least an outside chance that by sharing this data I can improve my life, then the mere act of signing on to this wonderful forum will have been a huge breakthrough for me..
Post Reply Post Reply
DesertMax,
Two quick things I hope you will find helpful:
1. I see that you're using an S9. If your computer has Win 8 or higher, make SURE that you enable the Write-Protect tab on the SD card before connecting it to the computer. . . Also remember to disable it before placing it back into the CPAP as well. S9's are the problem child with this.

2. If and when you display any results here from SleepyHead, make sure that you don't display any personal information (e.g.: your real name).

Good Luck!
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Crimson, thanks for the info... I am using Win 7 and will need all the help I can get. I will be asking many questions in the days to come and will be aware of the rules and security procedures regarding using SleepyHead. I remain very optimistic about the possibilities and have to say that right now.. this forum appears to be the help I have been needing so can not thank you all enough..
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Not Sure if Setting Changes Helping - Help Appreciated! WiscoKate 6 151 03-25-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: WiscoKate
Information NOTICE: New Clinician Manuals NOW AVAILABLE SuperSleeper 71 78,805 03-20-2024, 01:02 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,179 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  AirSense 10 Max Pressure setting Tomt 13 856 03-04-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Tomt
  [Admin Note] Wanted: ResMed AirCurve 11 Clinical Guides (Clinician Manuals) SuperSleeper 1 251 03-01-2024, 09:14 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Air Sense 11 - Pressure Setting goblue2024 3 425 01-10-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: dataq1
  [CPAP] Need help with setting minimum pressure for my Father. Jamie Connor 2 383 01-07-2024, 12:18 AM
Last Post: Jamie Connor

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.