Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Clinician Setting on Older S9 Machine:
RE: Clinician Setting on Older S9 Machine:
(05-19-2016, 11:01 AM)DesertMax Wrote: As I understand it, I will be able to use the card reader to transfer the data from a previous nights sleep utilizing my S9 to my PC

The data is already on the SD card that's in your S9 machine. All you have to do is insert into your computer, or use your card reader to do insert it in a USB port on your computer, and then import it into SleepyHead.

While you're waiting for your card reader you can download and install SleepyHead, so it'll be ready to go.

If you have a laptop computer it should have a slot in the side for SD card insertion. They're pretty small and easy to miss, so you might want to check again.

Quote:and then upload data to the quorum to get valuable feedback with machine settings.

You can't upload the data here directly. What you can do is upload screen shots, or post statistics like your AHI and pressure.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Sleepster, I have the application already downloaded and on my HDD.
I have an older Dell PC and no laptop right now. I will need to wait for the
reader and then anticipate some very eye opening feedback when I
get the data uploaded to the forum.

I will probably need guidance regarding how to share data, what data
to share and as you may imagine.. new territory for me...
One thing at a time.. when I have the reader I'll post again, thanks to all..
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-19-2016, 11:16 AM)DesertMax Wrote: Crimson, thanks for the info... I am using Win 7 and will need all the help I can get.

win7 normally doesn't write the "system volume information" folder on SD cards... that's a 'enhancement' of 8.1+

check the link in my sig for more sleepyhead info.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks... I'm shopping for a Chromebook so if need be I'll just do that..
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-19-2016, 07:31 PM)DesertMax Wrote: Thanks... I'm shopping for a Chromebook so if need be I'll just do that..

while this is totally off topic, I'll mention that I saw a video review earlier today about someone reviewing a Thinkpad R60 that they'd gotten from ebay for 40$.

2g memory, 128gig hd, nice big bright screen, yeah, it's not up to gaming and heavy duty use, but it handles poking around on the internet, and would run sleepyhead great....

Forty Bux... of course, it was a couple grand when new...
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm into that.. I don't need gaming and Thinkpad is a good rig.. I will check it out and I'm a long time Top Rated seller so always hanging out on the big e..
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-19-2016, 08:25 PM)DesertMax Wrote: I'm into that.. I don't need gaming and Thinkpad is a good rig.. I will check it out and I'm a long time Top Rated seller so always hanging out on the big e..

in a 'full disclosure' the review was about a notebook that'd been delivered with a variant of ubuntu linux on it... and sleepyhead runs on linux

(I'm typing this on a thinkpad t61p running xubuntu, which does about 99.7% of what I need Smile )
Post Reply Post Reply
Yikes I checked out Linux once and felt like uncharted waters..
Well, this whole adventure in pain is uncharted so perhaps I should
plan on learning more new things than I had set out to learn..??

If I go look for an LT or Notebook, should I let you know what I
find in order to achieve the best results with SH?
Post Reply Post Reply
the linux desktop experience has changed a *lot* in the last few years.

sleepyhead runs on windows, macos and linux.

I'm not sure whether it'll run on a chromebook, the native OS of which, I believe, is a flavor of linux.
Post Reply Post Reply
So if it does run on Win rigs, would there really be any tangible advantage
in buying a Linux rig when I would have had no reason to otherwise do that?

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,059 Yesterday, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
Information NOTICE: New Clinician Manuals NOW AVAILABLE SuperSleeper 72 79,189 04-14-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Resmed Airsense 10 time to return to low pressure setting jfchap 3 113 04-13-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Tube Temp and Humidity Setting To Avoid Rainout tomkelly 10 240 04-11-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: tomkelly
  Trigger Setting Switch - Aircurve 10 MrIvanDrago 4 140 04-09-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  CPAP to ASV setting translation? Moemah123 2 517 04-03-2024, 10:30 AM
Last Post: Yujiyun
Question Not Sure if Setting Changes Helping - Help Appreciated! WiscoKate 6 243 03-25-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: WiscoKate

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.