Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Clinician menu
Clinician menu
I was looking around today in the clinician menu of my AirSense 10 AutoSet. 

I came upon a Reminder section for mask, water tub, tube, and filter. All were in the off position. Anyone have any idea as to what this does? 

Perhaps an option to remind you to change out the equipment as per some schedule?  Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Clinician menu
(09-17-2019, 04:11 PM)Big Guy Wrote: I was looking around today in the clinician menu of my AirSense 10 AutoSet. 

I came upon a Reminder  section for mask, water tub, tube, and filter. All were in the off position. Anyone have any idea as to what this does? 

Perhaps an option to remind you to change out the equipment as per some schedule?  Dont-know

That’s correct, it’s so the DME can set a reminder Please Phone 1800 xxxxx for a replacement mask
Post Reply Post Reply
You can set up reminders to replace those items at whatever intervals you want; like 1 month,
3 month, 6 months, etc.

Or you can just write it on your calendar. Smile
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It probably tells you to replace equipment more frequently than you need to so Resmed can make more money. Am I cynical?
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks to all for your replies. You guys / gals are the best!  Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
As best as I can tell, you can set reminders for yourself to get the supplies you probably already have or to remind you the DME will be bugging you to order the supplies so they can ship more overpriced items and bill the insurance.

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-17-2019, 04:35 PM)Melman Wrote: It probably tells you to replace equipment more frequently than you need to so Resmed can make more money.

For sure. But I think they're getting their replacement schedule from Medicare. There's a lot of profit to be made by lobbying for different Medicare regulations. Durable medical equipment being among the worst offenders. I don't mind them making profits, but they shouldn't be allowed to influence legislation in a way that lines their pockets. That seems like to corruption to me.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I turn 65 in late October. I've already signed up for Medicare and now have my card. I need to contact my insurance company and see what's going to happen. 

My next shipment of supplies isn't due til the second week of October.
Post Reply Post Reply
I replace my supplies only as often as the manufacturer recommends. In my case Resmed. On page 20-21 of the clinicians manual the only reference to a time for replacement is on the filter at 6 months on less. All other supplies are to be replaced when broken or no longer serviceable. 

Filters are cheap and I replace them at 2 months but other parts must be broken.
CPAP is a journey like “The Wizard of Oz”. It’s a long slow journey. You will face many problems and pick up many friends along the way. Just because you reach the poppies, it doesn’t mean you are in Kansas. 
Post Reply Post Reply
There's wonderful information here.
My DME is very helpful; it took me a long time to find them. However, they are very expensive. They do loan me masks without charge, and that's an incredible step forward.

I'm told I have "benefits" for healthcare from work. The process is painful, and they don't pay.

My search now is to find Canadian vendors where I can buy stuff cheaper. My goal is to get as close as I can to US prices. Smile
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information NOTICE: New Clinician Manuals NOW AVAILABLE SuperSleeper 71 78,805 03-20-2024, 01:02 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  [Admin Note] Wanted: ResMed AirCurve 11 Clinical Guides (Clinician Manuals) SuperSleeper 1 251 03-01-2024, 09:14 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
Cool New Backup Machine doesn't have menu options mcse350 2 200 02-28-2024, 03:38 PM
Last Post: mcse350
  Discrepancy between Resmed Clinician report and OSCAR lavern 10 1,031 10-12-2023, 02:35 PM
Last Post: lavern
  [CPAP] seeking OLD clinician manual - Fisher & Paykel HC211 hamiltzp 0 381 07-28-2023, 03:03 PM
Last Post: hamiltzp
  DreamStation 1 Menu Names? Dolfan 7 576 07-16-2023, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Dolfan
  [Equipment] Air Mini - entering clinician mode pwnorris 3 561 05-12-2023, 06:55 AM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.