Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Clock is 1 hour off
RE: Clock is 1 hour off
Copy the data to your desktop, erase the last day, change the clock, copy the data back.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-15-2015, 04:16 PM)SaldusMiegas Wrote: Look back through your data and you might find the one hour shift has been there since about March 9th.

(Daylight savings time. The machine clock does not automatically adjust.)

Does anybody really know what time it is? Smile

Saldus Miegas

The time is off in ResScan too but the date is not off in ResScan so that makes me think the problem is a SH issue. The time seems to be okay for the month of July which is when I did my last import. Actually, the data was fine on Friday with the exception of the time which I have corrected. It is the date that is the problem and that began when the sleep session went past midnight on Friday; for whatever reason all of that shows on Sunday August 16 but only in SH, not ResScan.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-15-2015, 05:06 PM)AlanE Wrote: Copy the data to your desktop, erase the last day, change the clock, copy the data back.
I corrected the clock but it is the date that is messed up and it was fine Friday until midnight came and then the date is showing the 16th rather than the 15th.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-15-2015, 05:07 PM)me50 Wrote: The time is off in ResScan too but the date is not off in ResScan so that makes me think the problem is a SH issue. The time seems to be okay for the month of July which is when I did my last import. Actually, the data was fine on Friday with the exception of the time which I have corrected. It is the date that is the problem and that began when the sleep session went past midnight on Friday; for whatever reason all of that shows on Sunday August 16 but only in SH, not ResScan.

How bizarre.

I noticed the one hour report time shift back in April and decided to leave it alone.

Now today after reading this thread I looked at my A10 clock and find it to be about an hour and seventeen minutes off. So I can't splain any of it.

One potential for date diffs in RS vs SH could be calendar day versus "sleep day". If I understand it correctly, a sleep day runs from noon to noon vs midnight to midnight. If one program computes based on cal day and the other sleep day then they might allocate sleep hours to different dates during the hours that don't line up.

**UPDATE: I just compared a couple of dates of my own data in SH vs RS and they seem to agree on session start & stop times, as well as what date the data represents. It seems that the date is that of 12:01pm (i.e. the afternoon date is used for data until 11:59 am next morning). So that was a red herring idea. **

Just a thought, but as of this thread I don't feel like I have a clue anymore.

What a weird week... Bunch of strange data card issues and now time warps.

Saldus Miegas
Post Reply Post Reply
Resmed machines start over at noon but that doesn't explain the date of the 16th because even if it starts over at noon the 16th isn't here yet at least not in the United States I have no clue what's going on either

(08-15-2015, 05:55 PM)SaldusMiegas Wrote:
(08-15-2015, 05:07 PM)me50 Wrote: The time is off in ResScan too but the date is not off in ResScan so that makes me think the problem is a SH issue. The time seems to be okay for the month of July which is when I did my last import. Actually, the data was fine on Friday with the exception of the time which I have corrected. It is the date that is the problem and that began when the sleep session went past midnight on Friday; for whatever reason all of that shows on Sunday August 16 but only in SH, not ResScan.

How bizarre.

I noticed the one hour report time shift back in April and decided to leave it alone.

Now today after reading this thread I looked at my A10 clock and find it to be about an hour and seventeen minutes off. So I can't splain any of it.

One potential for date diffs in RS vs SH could be calendar day versus "sleep day". If I understand it correctly, a sleep day runs from noon to noon vs midnight to midnight. If one program computes based on cal day and the other sleep day then they might allocate sleep hours to different dates during the hours that don't line up.

Just a thought, but as of this thread I don't feel like I have a clue anymore.

What a weird week... Bunch of strange data card issues and now time warps.

Saldus Miegas

Post Reply Post Reply
me50,

found another thread on apneaboard that discussed resetting the clock.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...S9-Autoset

that thread had a further link to:
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...achines.29:

In a nutshell, one user named Evergreen was resetting the clock to fix an error/oversight by the DME, and in the process of moving forward a couple of hours, clicked the date over to the next day.

Similar problem: system clock shows tomorrow for the date.

When he tried to roll the clock backward, got an error data already exists on that date. The machine apparently tries to preserve the integrity of compliance data by not allowing you to stomp on any date that has data collected. In his case that even meant a day he didn't use the machine, which had logged data indicated zero usage that day.

He ultimately blew away all the compliance data and reset from scratch.

Paula02 chimed in to say it is possible to change the date and provided a link (second link above) to a page on how to do it.

It seems like the catch here is you can't stomp on data that has already been logged. Furthermore, it seems like the machine has two kinds of data you can't step on:

1. date - summary compliance already logged for the date in question
2. hourly - session detail data already for the hour of the day in question.

All this suggests that it might be possible to slide the clock backwards within the same date, provided there was not a session after the target time you are trying to reset to.

A possible scenario: move the clock back over a two day period to get it back in synch with real time and not lose historical data (except for the two days you will munge making the adjustments).

step 1: late one night before midnight... roll the clock backward to some point in the hour following the time you ended the previous session. (e.g. this morning you got up at 8:15 and turned off the machine. Tonight at 11:30pm you reset the clock backwards to 9:30am.)

the clock was moved back 14 hours, and is now ten hours ahead of real time.

step 2: sometime before 2:00pm (CPAP clock is ten hours ahead so 2:00pm is when the CPAP clock reaches midnight), roll the clock back however many hours you can to the hour after the previous session ended. (e.g. this morning you got up at 7:15am (CPAP clock time 5:15pm) and turned off the machine. At 1:45pm when the CPAP clock reads 11:45pm you reset the clock backwards to 6:45pm. That gives you back 5 of the 10 hours you still need.)

the clock was moved back 5 hours and is now 5 hours ahead of real time.

step 3: sometime before 7:00pm (CPAP clock is five hours ahead so 7:00pm is when the CPAP clock reaches midnight), roll the clock back again to the correct time. That gives you back the final 5 hours, and now the date and time are correct on the CPAP clock.

Key points:

1. you must reset the clock within the same date and therefore it is necessary to act before the CPAP clock reaches midnight and clicks into tomorrow.

2. you must reset the clock to a time in the hour following any hour that has session data already logged so that there is no data to stomp on in the target hour.

This is a heck of a convoluted way to recover the clock back to real time of day, but based on what I have read it might work.

The alternative seems to be to blow away the machine and lose all the historical data stored in it.

No idea how your CPAP clock got into tomorrow's date, but above is a potential solution to reel it back in.

hth,

Saldus Miegas
Post Reply Post Reply
I got the time changed so what I think I will try is wait until after midnight (the machine is unplugged) and then it will be the 16th and then I will go to sleep and see what happens with the data. Not sure that it will work but this is easy if it works. If it doesn't, I will decide how much time I want to spend on this. I think if it doesn't work, I will probably figure out how to erase all the data on the machine since I have the most current in SH and ResScan and then delete the session from the 16th out of SH and just move forward from there. I don't think I have the patience to go through all of the steps that Saldus Miegas was nice enough to post.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airsense 10 / Oscar clock issue. pixpop 1 104 03-15-2024, 07:35 PM
Last Post: pixpop
  Syncing Airsense 10 clock IAXEM 0 109 03-06-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: IAXEM
  Events per hour Trouthead 3 266 02-02-2024, 05:55 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Dreamstation 2 shuts off every hour. ekirtz 49 4,021 01-07-2024, 03:49 AM
Last Post: AussieBobJ
  Waking up every hour newtothis1 15 886 12-31-2023, 04:01 PM
Last Post: newtothis1
  High Apnea events per hour Johnjr 5 530 11-30-2023, 11:07 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] AirSense 11 clock sync? rpierce 4 575 08-25-2023, 11:24 PM
Last Post: Millstone50

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.