Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: ResMed H51
CPAP Pressure: 8-20
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

RE: Closed Nostrils
Allergies could be an issue too, if your nose is asymmetrical the resulting congestion could affect one side more than the other. I'm allergic to cats...and we now have two (used to be four). Used to be I'd plug up during the night, mostly on the left side. My night time congestion issue actually got better when I started on the ResMed machine; that could be because its air intake is filtered, so I may be breathing less cat dander, and because I can heat the air I breathe without the room getting too hot.
(This post was last modified: 12-15-2015 10:26 PM by GP49.)
12-15-2015 10:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
cate1898 Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: PR System One 560BT Auto
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: P10's/backup-DreamWear
Humidifier: PR attached
CPAP Pressure: 8.5 - 13. A-Flex 3
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Began CPAP Therapy Sept. 11, 2015. Hx Hypertension, Post Graves Disease, chronic migraines.

Sex: Female

GTOdude: Aside from the great benefit of the hose connection being at the top of the head and not having to deal with a hose during the night, the DreamWear (nasal mask that is more like one big pillow) is a great mask and you don't have anything in your nostrils. Having the one 'pillow' seems to work better for me with regards to nighttime congestion. I really have very little issues with it since switching to the DreamWear mask. Check it out.

APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!! Rolleyes

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
12-16-2015 08:15 AM
GTOdude Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: RemStar Auto APAP
Mask Make & Model: ResMed AirFIT P10
Humidifier: Unsure
CPAP Pressure: 7-14
CPAP Software: SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments: Other Dx: cabg x3 '94. Hypothyroid '15 and other maladies.

(12-16-2015 08:15 AM)cate1898 Wrote:  GTOdude: Aside from the great benefit of the hose connection being at the top of the head and not having to deal with a hose during the night, the DreamWear (nasal mask that is more like one big pillow) is a great mask and you don't have anything in your nostrils. Having the one 'pillow' seems to work better for me with regards to nighttime congestion. I really have very little issues with it since switching to the DreamWear mask. Check it out.
I just looked at the Dreamware online and watched Respironic's video on it. Looks like that is exactly what I should try. When I was at my DME last time, I did not see that in their displays. I see them for sale without a prescrip online, but how would i order one not knowing the size data for me?

Mark
12-18-2015 10:00 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
Sleeprider Online
Wiki Editor
Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Airfit P10
Humidifier: Resmed Climateline
CPAP Pressure: Auto Bilevel 18/9, PS 3
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments:

Mark, you have a prescription and should retain a copy for purposes like this. I'm sure your DME can get the Respironics Dreamwear into stock if you let them know of your interest. If I did everything correctly there should be an acrobat file attached to this post that is the fitting guide for that mask.

Attached File(s)
.pdf  respironics-dreamwear-sizing-guide.pdf (Size: 78.49 KB / Downloads: 23)

12-18-2015 11:17 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Enlargement of Nostrils by Nasal Pillows? OpineCone 36 4,124 06-12-2016 05:14 PM
Last Post: pupcamper
Arrow ResScan backtracked to Version 5.3 - [thread closed - new version is 5.4.1] SuperSleeper 9 2,570 06-19-2015 04:33 AM
Last Post: zonk
  ResScan - New 5.4 version - [thread closed, new version is now 5.4.1] SuperSleeper 1 3,491 06-19-2015 03:51 AM
Last Post: roadrunner230
  Is It Just Me Or Are My Nostrils Getting Bigger? player 12 2,758 04-30-2015 07:27 PM
Last Post: DariaVader
  Is the problem here the nostrils or the tongue? metallikat36 7 1,454 12-19-2014 12:38 AM
Last Post: archangle
  Need some help with irritating nostrils Galactus 11 2,892 03-20-2014 10:07 PM
Last Post: LordVader
Sad keeping your mouth closed while sleeping apw5746 21 10,435 02-24-2014 02:16 PM
Last Post: Peter_C