Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Closed Nostrils
RE: Closed Nostrils
Allergies could be an issue too, if your nose is asymmetrical the resulting congestion could affect one side more than the other. I'm allergic to cats...and we now have two (used to be four). Used to be I'd plug up during the night, mostly on the left side. My night time congestion issue actually got better when I started on the ResMed machine; that could be because its air intake is filtered, so I may be breathing less cat dander, and because I can heat the air I breathe without the room getting too hot.
Post Reply Post Reply
GTOdude: Aside from the great benefit of the hose connection being at the top of the head and not having to deal with a hose during the night, the DreamWear (nasal mask that is more like one big pillow) is a great mask and you don't have anything in your nostrils. Having the one 'pillow' seems to work better for me with regards to nighttime congestion. I really have very little issues with it since switching to the DreamWear mask. Check it out.
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-16-2015, 08:15 AM)cate1898 Wrote: GTOdude: Aside from the great benefit of the hose connection being at the top of the head and not having to deal with a hose during the night, the DreamWear (nasal mask that is more like one big pillow) is a great mask and you don't have anything in your nostrils. Having the one 'pillow' seems to work better for me with regards to nighttime congestion. I really have very little issues with it since switching to the DreamWear mask. Check it out.
I just looked at the Dreamware online and watched Respironic's video on it. Looks like that is exactly what I should try. When I was at my DME last time, I did not see that in their displays. I see them for sale without a prescrip online, but how would i order one not knowing the size data for me?

Mark

Post Reply Post Reply
Mark, you have a prescription and should retain a copy for purposes like this. I'm sure your DME can get the Respironics Dreamwear into stock if you let them know of your interest. If I did everything correctly there should be an acrobat file attached to this post that is the fitting guide for that mask.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Impact of Resmed P10 on Nostrils ivan007 1 126 03-26-2024, 10:45 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Enlargement of Nostrils by Nasal Pillows? OpineCone 64 24,265 12-21-2023, 11:31 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Closed nostril side sleeping, deviated septum, PAP effects? sleepyzzz 7 827 07-13-2023, 10:40 PM
Last Post: sleepyzzz
  Dry mouth even with mouth closed with tape bcodemz 5 1,012 11-01-2022, 06:39 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Nostrils too big for nasal pillow mask? christian4870 2 803 06-30-2022, 02:35 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
  [Mod Note] Prevention rather than Cure ? - Thread Closed Micheal.M 37 2,788 06-28-2022, 07:34 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Still tired and tips for keeping mouth closed Mike Parker 12 1,764 11-21-2021, 04:47 AM
Last Post: Mike Parker

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.