Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Clueless and Needing help
RE: Clueless and Needing help
Ok … he took the card to office depot … they said it was too big and would not compress to a zip file and they do not have google drive.  They did put it on a stick for him and now looking for someone that can take it off the stick to send to me via google drive … I do know that they have sd card readers for iPhone … he has an iPhone … would there be a way to use the card reader for him to send me the data in the future or is it too big?

Thanks again!
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-03-2019, 10:47 AM)jpmogler Wrote:
(12-03-2019, 10:28 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Jess, we prefer to see threads kept together in order to preserve the history and keep responses in one place where  you can find them.  There are many reasons a person might see an increase in events after starting CPAP therapy. Some are easily resolved, and some involve a more complex apnea problem that requires a different therapy device. The detailed data from OSCAR will show us exactly what his CPAP settings are, and what kind of events are taking place, as well as many other pieces of information.  Once you post the chart(s) we will very quickly be able to make sugestions whether this can be solved easily, or if he is going to need to get back to his doctor.

Ok thanks … I will keep posting here as it seems there are several of you that are willing to help … hoping by noon tomorrow I can have everything in place to post the study and the data!

I am still working on getting data from the card … but here is the sleep study (hopefully in a format that can be read) and next I will post 2 pages of data that he got from the place that is supposed to be helping him.

Data from the resmed (still working on getting it all off the card)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
From the report he did reasonably well on controlling his mask/mouth leaks the week of the 8th but the mask leaks went way up beginning  the 15th.
It's not unusual to do well with mask leaks the first few days and then struggle a bit as you become used to wearing the mask. (You forget it is there and knock it off/loose by accident)
The machine will compensate for some leaks but has a limit.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-03-2019, 01:31 PM)jpmogler Wrote: Ok … he took the card to office depot … they said it was too big and would not compress to a zip file and they do not have google drive.  They did put it on a stick for him and now looking for someone that can take it off the stick to send to me via google drive … I do know that they have sd card readers for iPhone … he has an iPhone … would there be a way to use the card reader for him to send me the data in the future or is it too big?

Thanks again!
Yes but not one of the official Apple adapters, they only work for certain files (video, image, etc). He would need to buy a third-party adapter, use the app they recommend, copy the files from the SD card (iOS 11+ required) and upload them to google drive/dropbox/onedrive/whatever.

I use a third-party adapter myself, it works fine.
Nothing I post is medical advice and should not be taken as such, always consult a medical professional for guidance.
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=17715 Wrote:DeepBreathing pid='322130' dateline='1575342035']Hi Jess. Welcome to Apnea Board.

From your message I get the implication you relative doesn't have a computer or internet access - is that correct?  If so it complicates matters but I'm sure we can work out a useful methodology for you.

An important thing to remember is that the detailed data is only recorded while there is an SD card in the machine. So the first thing to do is to check that there actually is a card installed, and if not then get one and install it. Any standard SD card less than 32 Gb will do. If there is no card in the slot, the machine only records summary data and not the detailed data we need for analysis.

To transfer the data to yourself in a timely manner you might think about setting up a dropbox or similar cloud-based service (eg Google Drive and others). Your relative can have his local service bureau upload to the drop box, from where you can download it.

The recommended software is OSCAR which is a free software written by apneacs for apneacs. It's a very sophisticated program but pretty easy to run. Using Oscar you can create daily charts for posting to this forum for advice.
Ok … he was able to share the datalog with me on Google Drive …. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get it from there to the Oscar … tried downloading which took a long time but then have no idea where the download goes?  I attached a screen shot of my google drive items shared with me.

Post Reply Post Reply
It'll probably go to your Downloads folder.

Download DATALOG folder, SETTINGS folder, Identification.crc, Identification.tgt and STR.edf. Put them into one folder (name it anything) and then you can import that into OSCAR.

Actually, I think you should have STR.crc as well but it's missing?
Nothing I post is medical advice and should not be taken as such, always consult a medical professional for guidance.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-03-2019, 08:07 PM)JoeyWallaby Wrote: It'll probably go to your Downloads folder.

Download DATALOG folder, SETTINGS folder, Identification.crc, Identification.tgt and STR.edf. Put them into one folder (name it anything) and then you can import that into OSCAR.

Actually, I think you should have STR.crc as well but it's missing?

I finally figured out that I needed to use chrome … for some reason IE was blocking the popups to find the files once downloaded … now I have the zip files saved to my desktop but now I am unable to import into Oscar?????  can someone post the steps I need to accomplish this??

so anxious to get this posted for some advice!

Thanks again!
Post Reply Post Reply
Jess, have you got to the stage of downloading and installing Oscar?

If not, then
  • Create a new directory eg My Documents\Oscar Downloads.
  • Unzip the files from your desktop into the directory you have just created.
  • Do the download and installation. See here: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...stallation
  • During installation, Oscar will suggest a data directory, typically something like C:\users\Jess\\OSCAR_data.  Make a note of the suggested directory and accept it.

[Image: Oscar_data_dialog.png]

• Now run Oscar for the first time. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...first_time
  • When you've created a profile (all it really needs is a user name) you can import the data. Oscar will look for an SD card and show an image like this:

• Click on "Choose a folder". Oscar will open a file selector window. Navigate to the directory where you saved the unzipped files. and select it.
  • Oscar should now download the data, and you can select one of the windows, such as Overview or Daily and the data should all be displayed for you.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am so excited!! I had to uninstall and reinstall and it worked fine now … I think I chose the 64 bit vs the 32 the first time .. . anyhow … I am going to post a bunch of screen shots … the first week or so they had him start at min 6, max 12 with EPR on at 3 … that seemed to work reasonably well but then as time went on the events started to rise so they started messing with his pressure …. which seemed to make it worse from what I can see, but when we tried going back down it was really bad again … hopefully by posting the screenshots someone can give some advice. THANKS SO MUCH for bearing with me trying to get this all working!
Post Reply Post Reply
First posting some of the first days on the machine

nov 9-11

nov 12-15

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Needing help fixing my sleep with cpap nunogarcia 2 158 03-22-2024, 09:04 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Another new user needing guidance Unathletico 1 167 02-26-2024, 07:08 AM
Last Post: grubsztyl
  New and Needing Help... ranvanman 12 742 02-17-2024, 01:32 PM
Last Post: SnoozeBest
  First Time Oscar User - Needing Help Interpreting Data justinjj 2 322 02-04-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Needing some advice.. SleepyWeasel 16 1,542 12-08-2023, 12:32 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Health] seemingly needing way less sleep lately Nintendogeek7065 2 315 10-21-2023, 09:34 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
  [Pressure] Needing help with pressure setting on APAP. quesadilladaddy 11 1,146 02-16-2023, 02:10 PM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.