Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Clueless and Needing help
RE: Clueless and Needing help
He is capable of breathing normally, but when things go bad, they go really bad. Why? We are saying this is a positional apnea, the apnea just goes crazy once pressure goes over 10.0. I don't actually think it will work, bu let's try a maximum pressure of 10.0 with EPR 3 and see where it goes. I have never really seen such persistent obstructive apnea with the use of a collar or eliminator.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
That is 28 events. He is going to go get the data either tomorrow or Thursday but I’m thinking at this point it really doesn’t make a lot of difference it appears as though the machine simply is not working for him.

He does not have any other breathing issues or anything like that.

Assuming that it is determined that the machine is not what he needs does that mean he needs to get back to the doctor ... at this point they have Really cared too much about what the results are saying. He has an appointment scheduled for 19 December but is also scheduled to leave for his winter home
This will obviously complicate things even more because he will be in Florida and his regular doctor is in Illinois. Is there a way to try other sleep machines without a doctors orders?
Post Reply Post Reply
If it's 28 events in an 8 hour sleep session, that's an AHI of 3.5 which is reasonably good. Let's see the chart for that night to see what might be different.

Re alternative avenues, perhaps one of the American members can advise on that.
Post Reply Post Reply
Unfortunately that is 28 events/hour Sad
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-10-2019, 09:04 PM)jpmogler Wrote: Unfortunately that is 28 events/hour Sad

I can see now that I answered the question wrong .... sorry about that ...
Post Reply Post Reply
A NY chance you can video over night. That may identify what is happening.

Have you tried a taller collar?
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-10-2019, 08:12 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: He is capable of breathing normally, but when things go bad, they go really bad.  Why?  We are saying this is a positional apnea, the apnea just goes crazy once pressure goes over 10.0.   I don't actually think it will work, bu let's try a maximum pressure of 10.0 with EPR 3 and see where it goes.  I have never really seen such persistent obstructive apnea with the use of a collar or eliminator.
For some reason I just saw this. Will try that tonight. We did try flat 7 once per techs suggestion but will try this.  He brought his SD card to OfficeMax today and they were not able to transfer the data immediately so he left the card there so we will not have charts of this first night but we can try it for a couple nights once he gets the card back tomorrow. Tomorrow I will also have data from the past week that we can look at. Thanks again for trying!!!
(12-11-2019, 07:36 AM)bonjour Wrote: A NY chance you can video over night.  That may identify what is happening.  

Are you asking if we could have a video of it or if I could just watch him sleep from a distance? I would be able to FaceTime him as he falls asleep just to observe if he does any chin tuck in or anything like that. The only two collars we have tried are the wallgreens collar in the eliminator collar.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-10-2019, 08:12 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: He is capable of breathing normally, but when things go bad, they go really bad.  Why?  We are saying this is a positional apnea, the apnea just goes crazy once pressure goes over 10.0.   I don't actually think it will work, bu let's try a maximum pressure of 10.0 with EPR 3 and see where it goes.  I have never really seen such persistent obstructive apnea with the use of a collar or eliminator.

What should minimum be set at?
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-11-2019, 09:18 PM)jpmogler Wrote: [quote pid='323255' dateline='1576067818']
A NY chance you can video over night.  That may identify what is happening.  

Are you asking if we could have a video of it or if I could just watch him sleep from a distance? I would be able to FaceTime him as he falls asleep just to observe if he does any chin tuck in or anything like that. The only two collars we have tried are the wallgreens collar in the eliminator collar.
[/quote]
Looking for the chin tucking under the collar.  The observation needs to be for the whole night and then correlate the OA Clusters to what is occurring on the camera.  While we don't need the whole night you need to see what's happening when the clusters occur and that info will not be available until the next day.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-11-2019, 09:26 PM)jpmogler Wrote:

What should minimum be set at?

It really doesn't matter as pressure rises to the top of what is set when the centrals start. Stay with 6 or 7 as a minimum. My theory is that if he has problem exhaling against higher pressure, it results in respiratory stacking which mimics obstructive apnea. I could be full of it, but have seen it before on rare occasions.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Needing help fixing my sleep with cpap nunogarcia 2 160 03-22-2024, 09:04 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Another new user needing guidance Unathletico 1 167 02-26-2024, 07:08 AM
Last Post: grubsztyl
  New and Needing Help... ranvanman 12 742 02-17-2024, 01:32 PM
Last Post: SnoozeBest
  First Time Oscar User - Needing Help Interpreting Data justinjj 2 322 02-04-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Needing some advice.. SleepyWeasel 16 1,542 12-08-2023, 12:32 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Health] seemingly needing way less sleep lately Nintendogeek7065 2 316 10-21-2023, 09:34 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
  [Pressure] Needing help with pressure setting on APAP. quesadilladaddy 11 1,146 02-16-2023, 02:10 PM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.