Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Clueless and Needing help
RE: Clueless and Needing help
If the machine was malfunctioning that might explain the patterns we saw - and which I personally have never seen to that extent before. In a way it's a shame that the machines are normally so reliable we didn't even think about the possibility of a malfunction.

Let's hope this one does the trick.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-19-2019, 11:01 PM)DeepBreathing Wrote: If the machine was malfunctioning that might explain the patterns we saw - and which I personally have never seen to that extent before. In a way it's a shame that the machines are normally so reliable we didn't even think about the possibility of a malfunction.

It seems odd but sure hope it’s true ... fingers crossed ??
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-19-2019, 11:01 PM)DeepBreathing Wrote: If the machine was malfunctioning that might explain the patterns we saw - and which I personally have never seen to that extent before. In a way it's a shame that the machines are normally so reliable we didn't even think about the possibility of a malfunction.

Frustrating night again .. the doctor wanted him to set it at 11/20 ... He tried explaining that anytime the pressure is set above the 15/16 threshold the mask leaks terribly ….

Results ... 37 AHI with a boat load of mask leak ... half way through the night he adjusted it down to 8/15 and still remained at 36 AHI so not looking like the machine was the culprit.

We are going to try it a few more nights then he is going to mail me the SD card while he travels to Florida where he stays for the winter.  

My question at this point is this:

1.  Assuming the machine never works for him and I post some Oscar charts here, it is possible that through the board recommendations we could just skip the doctor and buy a used or new machine that you guys think may work for him?
Post Reply Post Reply
That is what we do, help you understand what and why and how to correct, all based on data.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-20-2019, 02:02 PM)bonjour Wrote: That is what we do, help you understand what and why and how to correct, all based on data.

Yes I understand that and it is very evident how knowledgeable the members/moderators here like yourself are …. my question is … is there a way to get a different machine w/o going through a doctor or is that impossible?
Post Reply Post Reply
You, or we cannot facilitate the sale or rental of a machine here. That said machines are available on auction sites, craigslist, and at estate sales.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-20-2019, 02:09 PM)jpmogler Wrote:
(12-20-2019, 02:02 PM)bonjour Wrote: That is what we do, help you understand what and why and how to correct, all based on data.

Yes I understand that and it is very evident how knowledgeable the members/moderators here like yourself are …. my question is … is there a way to get a different machine w/o going through a doctor or is that impossible?

Yes you can buy one from supplier two.  I just bought a vauto for 800 and it will be here tomorrow.  I think the general concensus is that unless you need an Adaptive Servo type machine the vauto can fill whatever breathing need you have.  There are other 'craigslist-like' buying and selling sites on mobile and PC you can also try but I'm not sure I'm allowed to name them explicitly,.   

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-20-2019, 02:12 PM)bonjour Wrote: You, or we cannot facilitate the sale or rental of a machine here.  That said machines are available on auction sites, craigslist, and at estate sales.

(12-20-2019, 02:15 PM)SorryIamNormal Wrote:
(12-20-2019, 02:09 PM)jpmogler Wrote:

Yes you can buy one from supplier two.  I just bought a vauto for 800 and it will be here tomorrow.  I think the general concensus is that unless you need an Adaptive Servo type machine the vauto can fill whatever breathing need you have.  There are other 'craigslist-like' buying and selling sites on mobile and PC you can also try but I'm not sure I'm allowed to name them explicitly,.   

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List

understood thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply

(12-20-2019, 02:15 PM)jpmogler Wrote:

Ok … the new machine is giving same results … got two nights data before he packed up and is now traveling to winter home in Florida

Sharing those two screenshots … obviously it was not the machine.

any advice where to go from here?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
The machine you should be scouting for is a Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto. What part of the country are you in? We might be able to point you to something.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Needing help fixing my sleep with cpap nunogarcia 2 154 03-22-2024, 09:04 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Another new user needing guidance Unathletico 1 167 02-26-2024, 07:08 AM
Last Post: grubsztyl
  New and Needing Help... ranvanman 12 738 02-17-2024, 01:32 PM
Last Post: SnoozeBest
  First Time Oscar User - Needing Help Interpreting Data justinjj 2 322 02-04-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Needing some advice.. SleepyWeasel 16 1,539 12-08-2023, 12:32 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Health] seemingly needing way less sleep lately Nintendogeek7065 2 315 10-21-2023, 09:34 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
  [Pressure] Needing help with pressure setting on APAP. quesadilladaddy 11 1,145 02-16-2023, 02:10 PM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.