Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Experiences with F & P Vitera FF Mask
RE: Experiences with F & P Vitera FF Mask
Just started with Vitera.  Having problem with the elbow and swivel.  First, the non-removable elbow does rotate 360 degrees but at times rotation gets a bit rough and catches at a particular spot in the rotation.   Second, the small removable swivel piece, which clicks into the elbow and then connects into the air hose,  can be removed from elbow with fairly little force.  So those two "small" l problems can lead to big problem: air hose with the Vitera swivel piece suddenly detaches during the night, if I make a motion (e.g., turning to my side) that exerts any added pull in this area.  Remaining on my back usually avoids this sudden hose detachment problem but I do not want to sleep on my back all the time.  Anyone else have a similar problem with Vitera?  How did you fix?  Could this be a quality control problem just with my unit?   Are any other masks similar to Vitera better designed in this regard?
Post Reply Post Reply
I didn't have any of the problems with the Vitera like Pazz22 detailed, but can't get rid of the small leaks that keep me awake.The cushion is a little big--can shift at night and press into the corner of my eye.  I love the frame--soft and doesn't leave marks--but can't seem to adjust it.  I've tried tight, loose, and  everything in between.  Kept it on one night but got little sleep.  Two nights I got tired of adjusting it and switched back to the AirTouch F20 I'd been using.   We have been gone from home on vacation and I will talk to my DME on Monday--didn't have time to solve problems with her before we left.  I'm getting a little desperate on finding a FFM that is small enough for a small woman's face!
Post Reply Post Reply
For the Vitera, place it lower than an F20 on the nasal bridge to reduce leaks from that area. Tension from the straps for me is best when it's barely more than the mask itself sitting there with no straps. Mine tends to inflate with PAP pressures to complete the seal.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My myAir webpage results always show low mask fit 0-2 out of 10 even though I know it is pretty good, but the Vitera mask has this part on the front with a vent full of holes that I can feel air coming out of. If I do a short test covering the vent with my hand, I get 10/10. My is this vent hole on the mask if it is causing a poor "seal"?
Post Reply Post Reply
All full face masks require venting of some sort. Those holes you refer to are necessary to exhale CO2. My suggestion is forget MyAir and base your leaks on feeling actual leaks and what the data on OSCAR tells you. It's far more accurate.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-17-2021, 10:57 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: All full face masks require venting of some sort. Those holes you refer to are necessary to exhale CO2. My suggestion is forget MyAir and base your leaks on feeling actual leaks and what the data on  tells you. It's far more accurate.

So, for OSCAR, I have to take the SD card out of the CPAP machine and put it in the PC every time I want to check my data? It doesn't use WiFi from the CPAP?
Post Reply Post Reply
The ResMed 10 PAP like yours doesn't have Wi-Fi. Your PAP uses cellular to send data to ResMed, which is where MyAir gets its data. Yes you take the SD card out of the PAP to load the file onto your PC and upload that into OSCAR.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thumbsup 
Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Any experiences with BMC M1 Mini travel Auto CP?AP DrJelly 4 675 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: DrJelly
  F/P Vitera Mask seal problem bryank1 8 991 10-31-2023, 01:05 PM
Last Post: Frankiboy
Gross F&P Vitera “pops” when on my back N6GQ 4 571 08-29-2023, 07:37 PM
Last Post: raylock1
  [Equipment] Any experiences with Ventmed VM8 or other Ventmed devices? Bhante 2 546 08-13-2023, 01:21 AM
Last Post: Bhante
  Velcro Issues - Fisher and Paykel Vitera cmpman1974 6 705 08-03-2023, 05:57 PM
Last Post: car54
  [Treatment] MBRP experiences? JonathanG 0 394 06-16-2023, 07:16 AM
Last Post: JonathanG
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,525 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.