Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Coblation Assisted Upper-Airway Procedures
RE: Coblation Assisted Upper-Airway Procedures
Hi Susilo,

Please check out my signature area for a link on how to organize your sleep data from Sleepyhead.

EPR is a comfort setting but for some (like me) it can increase the amount of CA events. I have it turned off personally but if it makes a big difference in your comfort level for now, perhaps leave it on. Your numbers look pretty good from what I can see but I would post the detailed data screen shot from Sleepyhead arranged as mentioned below. That will get you some more detailed answers.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-18-2017, 01:59 PM)Marillion Wrote: Hi Susilo,

Please check out my signature area for a link on how to organize your sleep data from Sleepyhead.  

EPR is a comfort setting but for some (like me) it can increase the amount of CA events.  I have it turned off personally but if it makes a big difference in your comfort level for now, perhaps leave it on.  Your numbers look pretty good from what I can see but I would post the detailed data screen shot from Sleepyhead arranged as mentioned below.  That will get you some more detailed answers.

Hi Marillion,

My data from Apr 18 with EPR 1 :
[Image: UyNA2xZl.png]

From Apr 17 with EPR off :
[Image: 7RLDLyNl.png]

I think I slept better at EPR 1 so I'm just gonna use that.
Susilo
Post Reply Post Reply
A Class 1 Mallampati score suggests that any likely surgical procedures would be really invasive. It isn't likely to be resolved with a tonsillectomy/adenoidectomy.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
That second night where you left EPR off wasn't a good sleep night though. Up to you, but I would give at least 3 nights with the same setting before making any decisions.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-18-2017, 08:23 PM)Beej Wrote: A Class 1 Mallampati score suggests that any likely surgical procedures would be really invasive. It isn't likely to be resolved with a tonsillectomy/adenoidectomy.

Thanks. I decided not to do it. Doesn't seems worth the trouble and risk.
Susilo
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-18-2017, 08:47 PM)Marillion Wrote: That second night where you left EPR off wasn't a good sleep night though.  Up to you, but I would give at least 3 nights with the same setting before making any decisions.

Thanks marillion. How can you tell it wasn't a good sleep? I tried 11 days with EPR 1 and 14 days with EPR off. Generally I feel that I sleep worst with EPR off. It doesn't seems to help with the CA anyway. So I decided to go back to EPR 1. 

Below are graphs of 2 more previous days with EPR off.

Apr 16 :
[Image: YKg3ulXl.png]

Apr 15 :
[Image: Rt52oPTl.png]

Stats :
[Image: Lvs0SVIl.png]
Susilo
Post Reply Post Reply
I see a great deal of consistency in your event rate, almost regardless of the settings being used. There is a natural variation between 2-3 AHI on a fairly consistent basis, and images posted to date suggest about half of that is CA. All of this indicates good, effective PAP treatment. While you have not found the "magic numbers" on the dial to eliminate events, they aren't that bad. I would suggest you prioritize comfort and try it increase hours of sleep if possible. The only thing that made the April 17 session less than optimal, is the fact it lasted only 5-1/2 hours. There is certainly nothing there that "wasn't a good sleep night" other than the face you need more sleep hours.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks sleeprider. Before cpap, I always woke up briefly after 5-6 hours, but could easily sleep again for a total of 7-8 hours. But I felt crappy and sleepy for the rest of the day.

After cpap, I woke up after 5-6 hours, but couldn't sleep again, even though I'm still tired and sleepy. I still can't figure out why. Generally I feel and think better after cpap though.

Is there anything I can do to improve comfort?
Susilo
Post Reply Post Reply
For comfort, eliminate the distractions as best you can. I like to suspend the hose so I don't get wrapped up in it, and use a fleece hose cover. It makes is soft so I don't wake up from the rough plastic hose touching me.

Looking over your past pressures and results, there is one thing you have not tried that might be worthwhile. You have always used a minimum pressure of 6.0, yet your average pressure is about 8.0 long-term. It appears most of the hypopnea events occur as your pressure tries to return to the minimum, but doesn't get there. I think a minimum pressure of 8.0 would give a lot of stability to your treatment and might help you sleep more soundly, and avoid some of the events.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-19-2017, 09:46 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: For comfort, eliminate the distractions as best you can.  I like to suspend the hose so I don't get wrapped up in it, and use a fleece hose cover. It makes is soft so I don't wake up from the rough plastic hose touching me.

Looking over your past pressures and results, there is one thing you have not tried that might be worthwhile.  You have always used a minimum pressure of 6.0, yet your average pressure is about 8.0 long-term.  It appears most of the hypopnea events occur as your pressure tries to return to the minimum, but doesn't get there.  I think a minimum pressure of 8.0 would give a lot of stability to your treatment and might help you sleep more soundly, and avoid some of the events.

Thanks again. The fleece hose cover sounds interesting.

Is it okay if I increase the min pressure straight to 8 or should I increase it gradually?
Susilo
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,406 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  First Day with S9 AutoSet - Many Clear Airway in the morning liuzilong 6 123 03-18-2024, 09:25 PM
Last Post: liuzilong
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 121 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  Clear airway Bullabill 3 237 03-12-2024, 02:40 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Why does my clear airway events keep increasing? deirdrepen 3 273 03-12-2024, 02:37 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  [Treatment] Struggling to reduce Clear Airway events codebread 6 912 02-23-2024, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  String of open airway events vinegarben 34 3,902 02-16-2024, 05:18 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.