Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

would there be any need for a repair center for cpac?
would there be any need for a repair center for cpac?
I am a electronic technician, can fix most anything.

I see others are having trouble with their units and if there is a repair option the repair seems a might high in cost

wondering if there would be a need for a repair place?

being in western Canada my location sucks, but I am sure I can repair them.

I see some are talking about donating there old units or non working units, it would be cool to be able to offer lower cost used units that have been gone over to others that do not have much money.

looking for input

thanks
Stan
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: would there be any need for a repair center for cpac?
Wonder what does "cpac" stand for?

The liability is high, and most machines in need of repair are usually quite old, so repair is not a very viable option. You would need to be bonded and insured as a failed repair could put a life at risk.
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
It could be done Stan. Certainly some of the suppliers in our vendor lists are offering used/rebuilt units. The issue might be with access to parts from the various mfg's so maybe a good thing to begin with would be to contact them and see what availability/requirements they might have. Your location doesn't mean much in this day and age of internet closeness. So if this is a path you think you'd like to pursue, I'd say do your homework and go for it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Getting parts would be difficult. I'm not sure the manufacturers would sell them to you.
You might be able to cannibalize machines for repair.

There are repair manuals for machines. In reviewing one for the S8 ResMed machine, I see there are procedures, computer software, and test instruments required to re-certify a machine.

And, you would need to be incorporated as your liability risk would be high.
Many years ago, I was working for a small design firm; and we were approached to design a chip for a smart pacemaker.
We declined because of the exposure to liability.

I might try to repair my own -- but, that would be my risk. Repair for another... nope.

Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAC DOESNT SEEM TO HELP. Bobbyc 8 340 03-24-2024, 03:59 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] resmed apap repair sleeper2460 4 514 11-24-2023, 11:58 AM
Last Post: Nightynite
Money [CPAP] Repair Z1 or purchase Pilot-24 Lite Battery CJH1968 3 595 08-13-2023, 08:10 AM
Last Post: sauerkraut
  Internal cpap repair parts mzipp 8 5,585 08-10-2023, 05:29 PM
Last Post: sms832
  Resmed BiPAP repair company in U.S? 17WRX 3 710 05-13-2023, 04:57 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  [Equipment] Airfit P10 Repair JJJ 3 1,280 10-28-2022, 03:35 PM
Last Post: JungleJim
  Do it yourself REPAIR forum AC Hunter 1 917 09-14-2022, 09:28 PM
Last Post: snorin2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.