Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DS560 "clicking"
DS560 "clicking"
Gidday all,

My 14ish month old DS560 has started to make a soft "click" every time I inhale or exhale.

I am guessing there may be some type of non-return valve in the machine that is either coming loose, worn, or needs adjustment.

Any idea if this fault can be a DIY fix?
Are parts available if needed?

I have emailed the company I purchased the machine from, and expect a reply pretty soon [they have been excellent in all dealings]
I just figured it couldn't hurt to check with the crew here too

Thanks,

stephen
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: DS560 "clicking"
There are no DIY fixes to a machine unless it is hopelessly out of warranty. I've never heard the click, but the machine changes flow and pressure rapidly during the transition from inhale to exhale. I'd wait to see what the DME is going to do.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Same soft "click" every time I inhaled / exhaled last night,

Tried another hose and mask - no difference.

Machine has 2947 hours, and was purchased from the USA, so warranty probably will not be recognised by local distributors.

I will wait for the USA supplier to reply before I open my machine and start tinkering.

I need to show a bit of restraint and watch myself - Tim Taylor has nothing on me.
With my history, if I "fix it" it will end up looking like it has been crossed with a 6-71, and be capable of inflating the Hindenberg in seconds

and.........I'll be sleeping in the shed.......again Unsure
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-29-2015, 05:32 PM)stephen N Wrote: Same soft "click" every time I inhaled / exhaled last night,

Tried another hose and mask - no difference.

Machine has 2947 hours, and was purchased from the USA, so warranty probably will not be recognised by local distributors.

I will wait for the USA supplier to reply before I open my machine and start tinkering.

I need to show a bit of restraint and watch myself - Tim Taylor has nothing on me.
With my history, if I "fix it" it will end up looking like it has been crossed with a 6-71, and be capable of inflating the Hindenberg in seconds

and.........I'll be sleeping in the shed.......again Unsure

You might send a PM to member "accurate". Ian is head of Supplier #27, an authorized repair facility.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Sleeprider - I sent accurate Ian an email, and look forward to his reply.

I have not received a response from the USA supplier I purchased the machine from.

Over the last few nights I have -
- tried the machine with different hoses and masks - no difference.

- tried without the humidifier - no difference.

So, this afternoon, to keep the Wife happy I delved into it's innards and messed about a bit more,

- stripped the machine [very carefully], could not find anything obvious, put it back together [no leftover bits for once!] Banana

It usually takes a few minutes for the click to start - so we will see how it goes tonight!

stephen
Post Reply Post Reply
I kinda like to tinker myself, so It's good to take a look to eliminate anything loose or obvious. I'm always pleased when there are no leftover parts as well. Good cause for the banana celebration! :LOL: Hopefully you'll get some answers soon, although Ian is probably off for the weekend. I'm just at a loss as to what the click could be.

I'm guessing that there aren't many cheap backup used machines that come available in Au.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
You are right - no such thing as "cheap" machines around in Australia.

Second hand high hours machines listed for sale on "Gumtree" [similar to your craigslist] are usually well over what we would pay for a new machine from the USA.

Last night the Sandwichmaker didn't hear the click - but she reckons there is a high pitched squeal every so often.

I didn't hear it - I was sound asleep at the time, Laugh-a-lot
but I wonder if the impeller of the air pump might have excessive end float.
Maybe the clicking was from the impeller sliding backwards and forwards due to changing back pressure when I breathe?

My opening it up and putting it back together may have altered any play in the shaft - stopping the click, but resulting in the squeal every so often?

Not knowing the finer details of the motor and impeller design make it difficult to figure out - and I don't want to do a complete tear down to find out!

stephen
Post Reply Post Reply
Since I opened up my machine [and put it back together] it has been behaving!
Apart from the first night where my wife was hearing an intermittent squeal or squeak, there has been no funny noises to report.

Still - I will be paying attention to anything that might occur in the future, and my wife will be quick to poke me in the ribs too.

no reply from the original supplier or accurate ian - but no problem for now.
---------------------------------------------
anyone know what is inside the gizmo that resides in the back of the humidifier [connects the output of the air pump to the humidifier tank]

Wondering if there might be a loose baffle or something inside it that could shake loose or jam in place every so often Thinking-about

thanks all

stephen
Post Reply Post Reply
You may want to check the 2 seals on the humidifier box. One between humidifier and the hose. And the other between humidifier and machine (it's the baffle like thing at the back wall of the humidifier body.

These are fairly cheap to replace. Supplier #1 carries them.
PRS1 Auto & Dreamstation Auto w/ P10 and straight pressure of 8cm
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Clicking noise from ResMed Airsense10Autoset Sleep2Snore 14 14,453 07-26-2023, 11:01 AM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Bravida Mask Clicking RNeil 4 776 02-14-2022, 10:53 AM
Last Post: RNeil
  [Equipment] Airsense 10 clicking noise santon 4 4,576 12-11-2021, 02:03 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Clicking feeling in throat as I fall asleep. yearning4zs 4 2,157 07-13-2021, 02:58 AM
Last Post: yearning4zs
  Clicking noise from CPAP when breathing Fedman 11 24,742 02-20-2021, 10:07 PM
Last Post: slimjim
  Dreamstation Clicking Noise mmdupas 8 5,931 05-07-2020, 12:53 PM
Last Post: Mozz
  Clicking noise after changing hose, mask, etc. bluesboybob 12 2,142 10-01-2019, 07:50 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.