Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Coffee - latte
Is it possible to make latte at home without an espresso machine? Just recently had a Pumpkin Spice latte from McDonald's and was really enjoying it until......my husband pointed out the cost of it Unsure Now it seems sort of silly to pay that kind of $ for a cup of Joe. Thanks for any suggestions.
Post Reply Post Reply
Pumpkin spice latte?? Thumbs-down-1 Vomit
DeepBreathing
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Bed

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-25-2015, 08:05 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote: Pumpkin spice latte?? Thumbs-down-1 Vomit

Yep...that is what my husband thinks about coffee in general.

Post Reply Post Reply

I like coffee - no I LOVE coffee. But pumpkin spice latte?? Seriously???

Anyhow, back to your original question - you could probably make up some kind of latte using a good quality filter or plunger coffee and process your milk in a Nestle Aerocino or Breville Milk Cafe. It wouldn't be like a real latte, but then maybe if you put pumpkin and spice in it you wouldn't notice the difference. Dielaughing
DeepBreathing
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Bed

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-25-2015, 09:09 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote: I like coffee - no I LOVE coffee. But pumpkin spice latte?? Seriously???

Anyhow, back to your original question - you could probably make up some kind of latte using a good quality filter or plunger coffee and process your milk in a Nestle Aerocino or Breville Milk Cafe. It wouldn't be like a real latte, but then maybe if you put pumpkin and spice in it you wouldn't notice the difference. Dielaughing

I have loved coffee since I was old enough to know what it was. I can remember as a small child watching my maternal Grandmother create a cup of coffee in her kitchen. When I asked her if I could taste it, she told me "When you're old enough.".......as if tasting coffee was a rite of passage. When that day finally came, she doctored up my coffee with more cream than coffee and that put me off coffee for along time.

I would not know the difference between a real latte and a fake one. I love cappuccino however since my diabetes diagnosis, I sort of gave them up. Unfortunately I do enjoy a sweetened coffee now and I probably should not be loving it so much.

Post Reply Post Reply
If you have a Keurig, you could buy the single Serving Pumpkin Spice K Cup and then add whipped cream.
Banana
OpalRose
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

How to Organize and Post ScreenShots

http://sleep.tnet.com/resources/sleepyhead/shorganize
https://sleep.tnet.com/reference/tips/imgur

Post Reply Post Reply

(10-25-2015, 09:40 AM)OpalRose Wrote: If you have a Keurig, you could buy the single Serving Pumpkin Spice K Cup and then add whipped cream.
Banana

Thanks.........Now - why didn't I think of that? Probably because I already have a "stash" of the K cups in my cupboard. I will have to sneak a new box of Pump Spice cups into the house Thinking-about
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi GrammaBear,
When I drink coffee, I don’t put anything in mine, I like it black.
Infack, when I made coffee one time when my mom was down to visit, I made it real strong. Her comment was, OOO, Granpa’s coffee. My great grandpa liked it strong and that’s the way I like it, too, (Ha-Ha.)

I guess since pumpkin spice is so expensive, you could pick a special time and buy it ev ery so often.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-25-2015, 09:09 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote: I like coffee - no I LOVE coffee. But pumpkin spice latte?? Seriously???

I have to agree on Pumpkin coffee... But, it's Halloween; and pumpkins are everywhere.

We have tombstones and spider webs in the front yard.
(I voted for razor wire and landmines; but lost the vote.)
Post Reply Post Reply

Speaking of Halloween, we got 113 children last year. I'm thinking of leaving town for the day. Unsure

Or, I could give them a pumpkin spice k cup and they would never come back. Grin
Yep, sounds like a plan.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

How to Organize and Post ScreenShots

http://sleep.tnet.com/resources/sleepyhead/shorganize
https://sleep.tnet.com/reference/tips/imgur

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  National Coffee Day (US) justMongo 8 445 09-30-2016, 10:42 PM
Last Post: GrammaBear
  Sacked for having a cup of coffee on the job zonk 44 3,030 06-19-2016, 04:28 AM
Last Post: FrankNichols
  Good news: No link between coffee consumption and common type of irregular heartbeat DeepBreathing 13 1,124 12-13-2015, 06:44 PM
Last Post: JohnnyH
  Where is the best coffee in the world? zonk 62 4,386 10-05-2015, 02:15 PM
Last Post: zonk
  New Coffee We Tried me50 46 4,836 08-30-2015, 07:15 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Health] Coffee / Caffeine aussiefilo 13 1,812 07-21-2015, 02:22 PM
Last Post: PositiveMe123
  so hard to get a good coffee Paptillian 38 6,116 05-24-2015, 08:40 PM
Last Post: 2PAPs