Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Cognitive & Blood Sugar Issues with REM Apneas?
Cognitive & Blood Sugar Issues with REM Apneas?
I have 33 apneas per hour during REM, but only during REM. Supposedly, my machine corrects that. I just did a new titration study to make sure again, and I will get te results soon. I still have cognitive spaceiness and blood sugar issues that I think are related to sleep. Does anyone else have problems even after they claim that the Cpap is getting rid of the apneas? Is the cpap really 100% effective? Mine has made a huge difference, but I do not think it has ever been 100%.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Cognitive & Blood Sugar Issues with REM Apneas?
Well you really can't know how effective your therapy is for sure without a machine that will provide you with actual results. Covered by insurance? Ask doc to prescribe you a nifty new Resmed Airsense 10 Auto for Her.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Cognitive & Blood Sugar Issues with REM Apneas?
P.S.

I see in your other thread that you tried the A10 and don't like it because it "puffs air at you." I don't know what that means exactly, but I suspect is has to do with the settings. Your pressure of 6 is pretty low. Turn ramp off in it's on. Turn EPR off if it's on.

You need to be able to migrate to new technology when it comes along. So give it a try again.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air Mini issues Bous 0 47 Yesterday, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Bous
  Sinus issues with CPAP Luka07 9 184 03-26-2024, 09:28 AM
Last Post: Luka07
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 23 536 03-24-2024, 06:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 86 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Fixing (CPAP-induced?) central apneas Franko39 17 846 03-21-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: Franko39
  [Treatment] Having several Unclassified Apneas.... meatheadmd 7 300 03-19-2024, 07:54 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  How to remedy issues during lighter sleep period, 3 AM-7 AM rosebladepat 0 108 03-15-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.