Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Flow rate readings
RE: Flow rate readings
[attachment=27756 Wrote:LazyBones pid='371988' dateline='1604023895']There is a lot of information to learn in order to navigate OSCAR, this forum and the setting of parameters in your DreamStation. 
It will come with time, for now be sure to post follow up OSCAR reports and information request under this same post.

I really expect to see your events to be reduced with the new pressure settings.  I also expect there will be additional fine tuning to come. Post an OSCAR report tomorrow we will be here.

Keep that full face mask handy for sinus/hay fever related issues that may require several days to weeks of FFM use. If changing out mask styles as many of us do on occasion be sure to reference that in the body of your post.

Thanks,  
Yes there is a lot. I have actually been a little obsessed with reading the Oscar reports for the last few months. I see the influence of environmental variables( allergies), other health factors as well as life style that have a large impact on the results of the reports each morning. 
I seem to be pressure sensitive. When the pressure is moved up the rate of hyponeas increase as well as snoring.
Since July I  have nudged the pressures around 8 times.  Looking at the Overview graph I see the trend of AHI rising when the pressure rises. I also see many life events in that calendar. 

There is also the tachypnea that I'm experiencing.  My respiration rate at least doubles when the mask starts pumping. I feel as though I'm trying to catch up with the machine. My lungs hurt as I type this. I found an article about this. It was only four patients in the study but it appears to be something. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6175789/

I have a followup with my sleep doctor next week. Maybe she has some suggestions as well. As you have said there is a lot to know and this forum has been a great source of info that has kept me trying. 
Thanks to all

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-30-2020, 07:43 AM)rogerded1 Wrote:
(10-29-2020, 09:11 PM)LazyBones Wrote: There is a lot of information to learn in order to navigate OSCAR, this forum and the setting of parameters in your DreamStation. 
It will come with time, for now be sure to post follow up OSCAR reports and information request under this same post.

I really expect to see your events to be reduced with the new pressure settings.  I also expect there will be additional fine tuning to come. Post an OSCAR report tomorrow we will be here.

Keep that full face mask handy for sinus/hay fever related issues that may require several days to weeks of FFM use. If changing out mask styles as many of us do on occasion be sure to reference that in the body of your post.

Thanks,  
Yes there is a lot. I have actually been a little obsessed with reading the Oscar reports for the last few months. I see the influence of environmental variables( allergies), other health factors as well as life style that have a large impact on the results of the reports each morning. 
I seem to be pressure sensitive. When the pressure is moved up the rate of hyponeas increase as well as snoring.
Since July I  have nudged the pressures around 8 times.  Looking at the Overview graph I see the trend of AHI rising when the pressure rises. I also see many life events in that calendar. 

There is also the tachypnea that I'm experiencing.  My respiration rate at least doubles when the mask starts pumping. I feel as though I'm trying to catch up with the machine. My lungs hurt as I type this. I found an article about this. It was only four patients in the study but it appears to be something. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6175789/

I have a followup with my sleep doctor next week. Maybe she has some suggestions as well. As you have said there is a lot to know and this forum has been a great source of info that has kept me trying. 
Thanks to all

Looking at your "Overview" report I do not see a substantial increase in pressure, There again I am also new to this.
 With that low of pressure you may be starving for flow and therefore the tachypnea and lungs hurting. It takes months to begin to get acclimated to PAP,  therefore it is probably time to move pressure up. A-Flex will be adjusted to compensate for some of the effects you may experience.

I see you are still at pressure settings of Min: 5.5 and Max: 6.5 cmH2O. Look Here:  http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...P-Pressure  As others have recommended A Pressure setting of Min: 7 and Max: 10 cmH2O will show the more informed members what effects the pressure change will have and be able to fine tune from there.

Notice the cluster of Hypopnea under the Large Leak starting ~ 03:22 through ~ 03:32, the two together suggest a positional related issue, possibly "chin tucking". My first attempt to check for this, lacking a Soft Cervical Collar (SCC), I rolled up a kitchen towel with a dog collar threaded through the center so I could put the towel under my chin and buckle the collar behind my neck. 

Did not look very fashionable, functioned better than the first couple of SCC I purchased, dogs still slept with me. Life was good.

There are some videos on YTube that demonstrate entering the setup menu for your DreamStation and adjusting settings for press, flex, etc. Sometimes it helps to back up the written material with video to gain the confidence to jump in there and change things up. You can always set parameters back to their original settings if needed.

Post more OSCAR reports after you adjust pressure. 

Another after thought, minimum compliance is 4 hours use, I notice from the "Overview" you had five days where your time was just under four hours. If you catch that and it is before noon, slap the mask back on your face and put those last few minutes on that day's total hours to complete your compliance. I had several 3h 57m days on my report when I first started.  

Hang in there life gets better.
Post Reply Post Reply
You need to raise both pressures. They are so low you are not getting any therapy. They both need to go up by 3. Take a look at the Hugh amounts on the line “H”, they are out of control and you have to have more pressure to get them under control. Second thing are leaks again, if leaks are not controlled your therapy is not working.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Your flow rate chart is improperly configured with a Y-axis range from 0 to 255 mL/second. Right click near the Flow Rate title, and in the context menu go to Y-Axis, and under the Scaling Mode, check Auto-Fit. Somehow it is in over-ride with a range that does not include the negative or expiratory flow rate.

Set your CPAP pressure to minimum 7.0, maximum 11.0.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 9 235 Yesterday, 06:16 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  [CPAP] Adjusting for flow limitations jane2911 10 296 03-25-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: jane2911
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,408 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  [Equipment] HELP - BIPAP-ST Restricting Inhalation/Exhalation Air Flow / Tidal Volume PAPPER101 3 108 03-24-2024, 09:29 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Taking Xyrem: what are these respiratory rate spikes DebJ 3 113 03-24-2024, 01:56 PM
Last Post: DebJ
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 851 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  flow limitations acceptable levels yankees123 27 1,603 03-23-2024, 02:41 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.