Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Collar and RERA for BonJour
Collar and RERA for BonJour
I bought a collar to try and see what it did for multiple obstructives over a short time period. My AHI had been averaging about 3-3.5. The collar (through AMAZON) immediately brought my AHI down to under one immediately and it has stayed there but I am getting far more RERAs.  Leaks have stayed at near zero as before.
You suggested raising my pressure and  moving the Autoset up to 3 pressure support some time ago (before collar) with the thought that a bi-level might be needed. I made that move before trying the collar. The effect without the collar was lower hypopnias and lower RERAs as you forecast but multiple OSA and sometime multiple CA started showing up.
The collar is tolerable and I do keep it fairly loose. I have some full face mask rubbing against the collar, but I can handle that. 
Please give me some advice on what to do with the machine settings to get rid of the RERAs while using the collar.
Thanks for all of your previous help, Pat
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Collar and RERA for BonJour
Please post a recent OSCAR chart from a typical night with your present settings and with the collar. High floe limitations as well as RERAs may indicate the need for more pressure support which can only be achieved with a bi-pap.

What mask are you using? I use an airfit F20 full face mask and a collar. The mask rubs against the collar only if I have the collar so loose that my chin can tuck partially behind the collar. Ie that's what is happening in your case you may need to tighten the collar a little.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the reply. I have used a RESMED Quattro for about 15 or so years. BonJour had me change my settings to 14-18 pressure with pressure support on 3 with the Airsense Auto 10. Attached are the two files you asked for. Last night I had the second 0 AHI I have ever had so I did not take a screen shot of that as it was so unusual.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
While waiting for a reply I decided to post two images from last night. Before using the collar my snores very virtually zero for years. Not so now.

Second, please note the flattened tops of the flow rates, Earlier in the night they looked normal, but once they flattened on top they stayed that way for the rest of the night. I don't have a clue what that means but it does not look normal to me.

Post Reply Post Reply
My bad. The images did not get saved like normal. Here are the two that go with the above reply.

Post Reply Post Reply
Crowman, I have become a mind reader of Bonjour because we are so often like-minded. You have come a long way with your therapy, but the root of all evil for you are these flow limitations, and the best way to treat them is with pressure support. A Vauto is hopefully in your future.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for your input. I doubt my sometimes sleep doctor is going to do much about that.
Post Reply Post Reply
You have a ton of flow limits and this machine will not treat them further. You need more PS.
A VAuto?
Post Reply Post Reply
Fred, thanks for weighing in again. I am looking for one now, but will have to get a new prescription to make it happen.
Post Reply Post Reply
would you pls post a link what exactly of collar bought at amazon.
I had 4 of them bought at Amazon,  2.5 " M and L -  3.5" M and L. It stayed me well with 3.5 L or M
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Data Comparison - Cervical Collar vs No Cervical Collar phoen1kx 9 219 Yesterday, 11:26 AM
Last Post: phoen1kx
  Help with spotting flow rate RERA's apnea505 3 175 03-14-2024, 02:57 PM
Last Post: apnea505
  Has anyone had success with ONLY a soft cervical collar? ranvanman 7 547 02-26-2024, 09:49 AM
Last Post: ranvanman
  Cervical collar causing sore throat? TechieHippie 6 423 02-14-2024, 10:24 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Recommended soft cervical collar? Ynot 3 353 02-10-2024, 09:53 PM
Last Post: eok361
  Cannot get my mother to wear a cervical collar: Phaleronic 5 360 01-28-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Need advice with soft cervical collar DackJaniels 7 533 01-26-2024, 03:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.