Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Combining CPAP and Fitbit sleep data
Combining CPAP and Fitbit sleep data
Do any of the software solutions load both the CPAP and Fitbit sleep data, and correlate them? It could be interesting to correlate heartrate and motion with the events the CPAP tracks.

Cheers

PS This can't be a new topic, but searching for 'fitbit' seems as if it turns up half the posts in the forum ... all of which are mentions of Fitbit in profiles and such.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Combining CPAP and Fitbit sleep data
Good question. I don't think there's anything that does what you want yet, but the OSCAR team is always open to suggestions, and especially code contributions!

I don't know how Fitbit stores or reports their data. Is there a way you can get access to it directly from the device? Or do you have to download your data from their web site? In what format is that data?

Depending on the answers to those, it would "just" be a matter of adding support for a new oximeter type. (And the topic of oximeters that also report motion just came up in this thread.)
Post Reply Post Reply
OSCAR does import HR and position data. But you need to find a way to get the fitbit data exported into the formats that OSCAR supports. 

And based on this, it doesn't look like fitbit currently exports position data.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-17-2019, 02:36 PM)gm125 Wrote: PS This can't be a new topic, but searching for 'fitbit' seems as if it turns up half the posts in the forum ... all of which are mentions of Fitbit in profiles and such.

The forum search tool does not search member profiles, only post content.

If what you're trying to find doesn't show up with the forum search tool, you can always use Google to search the site with a Google query that's specific to this website by searching "fitbit site:apneaboard.com" or specific to the forum only by searching "fitbit site:apneaboard.com/forums"

Now any Google search will search everything on the site, including any profile mentions of "fitbit", but the forum search tool doesn't search profiles.

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Combining EPAP and Fitbit sleep data
Please, I want to update this question. I use Bongo RX off and on and my husband uses it full time. I can’t use it full time because I have severe sleep apnea and it’s only for mild to moderate patients. I will use it if power goes out or I spend the night with friends. It seems to work fine, but that is just it...I don’t know. I would really love to know how dependable the Fitbit or Woot or something would be to gauge my oxygen and heart rate while I sleep. 
What is everyone using with Bongo Rx?
Post Reply Post Reply
If you want to really understand what's happening to your sats while you're not on CPAP, the only real option would be a specific pulse oximeter designed to record it. Fitbit is generally only going to take a snapshot once an hour and that misses a lot of data. Even once a minute would miss a huge amount. So I would recommend looking at the compatible pulse oximeters on the wiki and taking a look. Personally, my preference is for a Viatom/Wellue product just because I find the sensor better and more comfy and reliable, but a lot of people go with the least expensive option (which right now I think is Contec CMS50F).
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm interested in this as well. I have been using simple draw programs to glue in my fitbit sleep-stage graphs on the bottom of OSCAR screenshots -- see this sample:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/attachm...?aid=32747

Maybe that's kind of a prototype of what you are looking for?

The Fitbit sleep-stage graph is a pretty nifty visual display of information tool. It's also completely inaccessible in it's current form!

When you are using the Fitbit app on your phone, or are on the Fitbit site logged in and looking at your sleep data it's actually pretty cool how it works. As you mouse-over across the graph, a tool-tip pops us telling you "awake", "light", "deep", or "REM" with a start and end time. But as a Fitbit user, you have no other way to access the data. (Fitbit advertises that you can "download your data!" but when you run the download it just tells you the total number of minutes you spent in each sleep stage.)

The only way to get the series of time-stamped data points would be to laboriously mouse over the graph while writing down the values.

But, anyway, if we COULD get the data, I can envision that we could use it in OSCAR in a really cool way! Essentially have an OSCAR graph that recreates that functionality. Then have the sleep-stages graph act like the pinned Events graph works -- where when you zoom in the graph highlights the zoom region.

From reading the Fitbit site, I do get the idea that they know how the data download should work, they just haven't gotten it done yet. So there is the chance that we could do this in the future.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 81 Yesterday, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Ibrumley
  OSCAR Profiles and Combining Different Brand CPAP Data StratCat48 2 49 03-22-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 292 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,632 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
  Automating process of getting CPAP data mgdapnea 6 771 12-26-2023, 06:39 PM
Last Post: mgdapnea
Question How export all days for oximeter (O2 Ring) data only (no CPAP) ? DavidEsp 10 2,434 11-12-2023, 09:18 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  How to delete CPAP data in OSCAR before sleep and after waking? Apnealicious 30 4,501 09-29-2023, 07:12 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.