Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Comfortable Cpap pillow for side sleeper
Comfortable Cpap pillow for side sleeper
IHi Cpap family 

I know pillows have been discussed but I’m very picky. 

I’m a side sleeper. I normally sleep with a standard traditional memory foam (thicker) pillow..pretty elevated.  I can’t stand thin flat pillows. 

Any recommendations on a high quality Cpap pillow that is relatively firm and not flat?  I’ve never used one. 

I also just had umbilical hernia surgery 3 weeks ago and my tummy is bloated with air from the Cpap currently set at 11,  and it’s pushing on my surgery site , coupled with being on my feet all day I need a break to allow the air to get out. :-0
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Comfortable Cpap pillow for side sleeper
Core Products Double Edge CPAP Pillow, Contoured Comfort

Available from Amazon.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-12-2021, 04:55 PM)Rice95 Wrote: I also just had umbilical hernia surgery 3 weeks ago and my tummy is bloated with air from the Cpap currently set at 11,  and it’s pushing on my surgery site , coupled with being on my feet all day I need a break to allow the air to get out. :-0

There are two things you can try. Lower your pressure by 1 or 2. Raise C-Flex to its highest setting. You can do both if you want. Just monitor your AHI and make sure it doesn't go up by too much as a result of these changes.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wink 
Thank you !
Post Reply Post Reply
With respect to the Core Products Double Edge CPAP Pillow, Contoured Comfort, you may wish to read some of the negative reviews that reference the actual height and durability over time. I found myself wishing that Mike Lindell would make this type of pillow with his patented foam shapes. I was tempted to empty the CPAP pillow and use the foam inserts from MyPillow as an experiment. I liked MyPillow and my buckwheat pillow enough to give up the idea of making my own version.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you all for the replies. I inclined the front of the bed last night 3-4 inches to help with swallowing air which has been an issue. 
Lowered my pressure down to 9 and woke up with a reading under 5 with no stomach issues in well over a week of numbers between 5-7 that I couldn’t get down with pressure at 11 which is apparently too much for me with the long lasting tummy issues.  I’m only 162 lbs and skinny as a rail but was diagnosed back in January. Never smoked or drank....built like a runner...tall and lanky diet conscious too. Wow...I hope that was all I needed with raising the bed and lowering my pressure a little. 

As far as the mask last night I had no leaks. I read where someone said to make sure you wash your face really good around your mouth before bed and it worked like a charm. No mask sliding around issues. 
I will still probably get a good pillow designed for side sleepers and that’s what this post is supposed to be about lol
Post Reply Post Reply
Smile 
Hooray! Great solution I will keep in mind.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
Wink 
Thank you so much for responding! I looked up a buckwheat pillow. I had never heard of that. By researching  I see how it would be good for your neck. Thanks for the info !
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bed Pillow Question SheShells23 5 155 03-25-2024, 08:34 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Earplugs for side sleepers? cps22 17 403 03-22-2024, 07:15 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Side sleeping and shoulder pain SCgargoyle 9 981 03-19-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: skcampbell2
  CPAP Side Effects Tylermdugan 6 437 03-18-2024, 10:17 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Unable to exhale against nasal pillow pressure? jle323 10 4,857 03-04-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Guerc13
Thumbsup Side sleep enforcer for positional apnea G. Szabo 0 257 02-26-2024, 05:01 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Resmed P30i Nasal Pillow Fix cjtownsend1 1 262 02-25-2024, 10:02 PM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.