Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Commercial featuring a CPAP user
Good point Mr. Beans.

If you look at it from the perspective of a person who has never heard of CPAP, they probably wouldn't care or know or care to know what was on the guys face. They might think it was just an oxygen mask. I look at it as just another jab by the advertising world at the "currently safe to make fun of" people. but YMMV.

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. Access through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-09-2015, 07:58 AM)Beans Wrote: I sure don't see it as a poke at CPAP users. It's just way to emphasize the "sleep not sex" joke at the end.

"'sleep not sex' joke"? I assumed they were married. Why would there be anything except sleep?

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-08-2015, 07:37 AM)OMyMyOHellYes Wrote: I took it as poking fun and used the CPAP as a prop to relay the message that they were old and tired and worn out. Playing to stereotype.
I'm with you on your analysis. Even more so, it screamed out to me...

...look what happened to your useless husband after having a couple of kids... I guess you can't expect any kids help or personal comfort from him which is typical for a man... and thank goodness moms don't really need help from their husbands

As usual, their target buyer is Moms who have multiple children and maybe lots of them are feeling that way about their husbands after the 2nd or 3rd child. Divorce rates do seem to spike up after 7-10 years of marriage. I'm sure the multimillion dollar ad agency is playing right into those 'feelings'.

As a CPAP user, I'm pretty sickened by the commercial promoting a stereotype that CPAP users are useless at night (for kid care or that other stuff) because of their CPAP technology. I work full-time and I take care of my kids solely for at least 75% of the their free time. I wish I knew who the ad agency was who made that ad.
Sleep Apnea has given me a terrible memory. Please forgive me if I've repeated myself.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] New user needs help picking ASV machine with great software. Sleepyhead? Others? gtrlum 2 23 3 hours ago
Last Post: trish6hundred
  Future BiPAP user.. Which machine to ask for? Herb 113 4,205 06-20-2017, 10:40 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [CPAP] New user Ditner 8 213 06-17-2017, 08:55 PM
Last Post: Ditner
  Dreamstation Bipap user - Thanks, notes, and Followon questions Joboo23 11 439 06-16-2017, 05:25 PM
Last Post: ajack
  Hello from a new BiPAP user Raven87 47 1,519 06-16-2017, 04:39 PM
Last Post: ajack
  new user christophe francois 11 353 05-25-2017, 06:34 PM
Last Post: christophe francois
  Thumb Sucking and CPAP user lazurm 11 500 05-23-2017, 11:35 AM
Last Post: lazurm