Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Common Issues w/ CPAP Use?
RE: Common Issues w/ CPAP Use?
(05-07-2018, 02:05 PM)fs12 Wrote: In getting my CPAP machine, no one could offer me a machine without a cellular connection because of "compliance". I decided to bypass insurance for the machine and mask because the DME would only offer me one type of machine.

Having been forewarned by reading up on the machines here and elsewhere, I took the approach ("politely but firmly") of insisting on an Airsense 10 Autoset and telling the RT that I would keep the cellular modem switched off (I didn't mention physically removing it, because in the Resmed, unlike the PR Dreamstation, that requires some surgery and I won't own the box for another N months) and I would guarantee to deliver the data on an SD card (the DME is nearby) every month.  I had to argue for it, but I won.

YMMV, as always with this stuff. But did you ask your insurance for the names of other DMEs in your area?
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-07-2018, 04:09 PM)Fats Drywaller Wrote: But did you ask your insurance for the names of other DMEs in your area?

No, I didn't bother. I have a pretty high deductible, so after my original DME quoted me upwards of $700, I looked on Craigslist and just happened to find a cheap brand new machine. And I was anxious to get started - the DME had already taken two weeks to contact me, so I didn't really want to wait any longer... Wink
Post Reply Post Reply
its the sleep drs, dme and labs singing money, money, money.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sinus issues with CPAP Luka07 10 214 7 hours ago
Last Post: Luka07
  Air Mini issues Bous 0 54 Yesterday, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Bous
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 87 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  How to remedy issues during lighter sleep period, 3 AM-7 AM rosebladepat 0 110 03-15-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  Airsense 10 Issues cgries2448 0 157 03-09-2024, 03:31 PM
Last Post: cgries2448
  issues during REM sleep... ifsmithy 5 217 03-04-2024, 12:09 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  After major surgery Issues DANNOGA 5 253 02-26-2024, 03:29 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.