Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Companies similar to Lofta?
Companies similar to Lofta?
Hey everyone. I'm looking to get a sleep study done. Quite frankly I don't have the time to visit my PCP, wait in line, wait to get a test done etc so I've been looking at companies that provide home sleep tests online.

The lofta approach seems great but I don't like the idea of "only one night" - does anyone know of good alternatives?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Companies similar to Lofta?
The 'Gold Standard' in-lab wired up poly-whatever tests are only one night, and the docs trust those completely.

I believe most of the in-home tests are only one night, but others may have better information.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I also did a home sleep study and thought I was tossing and turning so I used it for the 2nd night.
They counted the additional hours and included the results in there report. I slept better the second night, so I think the results were more accurate.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here are a few others for comparison.

SleepTest List
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need help interpeing Lofta test results. LoftaUser 0 130 03-07-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: LoftaUser
  Help interpreting Lofta results Jim23 1 177 02-26-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: Jim23
  [Diagnosis] Help with Lofta WatchPAT ONE results kenm 2 279 02-17-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: kenm
  Japanese sleep test vs. Lofta/WatchPAT discrepancy + flow chart morphology analysis? woodenwaterbottle 3 4,408 01-24-2024, 03:05 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [Diagnosis] Lofta Sleep Study Results jgthegrouch 3 517 01-04-2024, 04:36 PM
Last Post: jgthegrouch
  Will lofta help me find the right pressures? Swsch2985 6 457 12-30-2023, 01:22 PM
Last Post: Swsch2985
Question [Symptoms] Help Interpreting Lofta Sleep Test missileplatypus 2 831 06-13-2023, 07:56 AM
Last Post: missileplatypus

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.