Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Comparative Analysis of 8 APAP Machines
RE: Comparative Analysis of 8 APAP Machines
Something worth noting as well is there were two things tested seperately. Aside from the restricted airflow scenario the researchers also measured the residual AHI of the simulated patient. The Icon and Airsense were the only two machines to pass the flow restriction test but in addition to them the Weinmann Somnobalance E was able to get a residual AHI of less than 5 per hour.

That's why out of the three choices my insurance covered I went with a PrismaSmart, Weinmann's update of the Somnobalance.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Pretty interesting stuff there. Skewed or not, there's some relevant information about these machines.
Dave

I'm not a doctor in real or fictional life. My posts include opinions based upon user experience regarding CPAP therapy and should not be considered medically professional direction or advice. Even a 1,000 mile trip requires a good first step. My recommended first steps include getting good walking shoes, 1 great cup of coffee, and a good GPS.

Wiki Info for Beginners
Sleepyhead Chart Organization
Post Reply Post Reply
Zombie of the week award.
There.  I said it.

OMMOHY
Contrarian in Residence  
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [split] Advice please - do I need APAP? tosiabunio 10 320 02-02-2019, 09:40 AM
Last Post: tosiabunio
  Updates on Resmed CPAP machines? Saxon 8 387 01-29-2019, 10:51 PM
Last Post: Saxon
  Sleepyhead analysis Dyinginmysleep 31 1,134 01-28-2019, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Dyinginmysleep
  Smart Med iBreeze Range of Cpap Machines Mutineer 17 1,757 01-23-2019, 06:00 PM
Last Post: midvalleyguy
  Adding a true HEPA filter to APAP for california wild fire smoke Stom 23 678 01-21-2019, 11:40 PM
Last Post: jthompson1002
  New to APAP - 50 days in Steve.G 40 1,116 01-19-2019, 12:04 PM
Last Post: Steve.G
  Why not having a bi-level machine instead of a single pressure CPAP/APAP? Arik 6 319 01-17-2019, 01:27 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.