Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Comparing Resmed machines in Australia vs US
RE: Comparing Resmed machines in Australia vs US
I don't think I can comment on whether or not a fixed pressure machine would be suitable - probably better wait for your test results to see what you're actually dealing with.

Having said that, I believe there is a Philips Dreamstation Bipap with auto EPAP. Check it out https://philipsproductcontent.blob.core....3f64a9.pdf

I know we always recommend Resmed, but this Philips might be the answer to the maiden's prayer when it comes to auto bilevel and seems to be a lot lower priced than Resmed - NSW CPAP have it for $2400 at the moment.

I wonder why Resmed don't supply the VAuto here - I mean they're made in Sydney for Heaven's sake!
Post Reply Post Reply
many thanks for all your advice  Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Only a few Australian CPAP suppliers ask for a prescription for any xPAP machine and is this is not required by law - ask them if they want your business or not! The bottom line is that you can get a Bilevel machine for less than half the price that Australian suppliers want by using a US supplier. My gently used Resmed VAuto Bilevel cost me less than $1000 dollars. The S9 version is even cheaper. I have happily used Supplier #2 for both of my BiLevel machines.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-10-2020, 03:46 AM)holden4th Wrote: Only a few Australian CPAP suppliers ask for a prescription for any xPAP machine and is this is not required by law - ask them if they want your business or not! The bottom line is that you can get a Bilevel machine for less than half the price that Australian suppliers want by using a US supplier. My gently used Resmed VAuto Bilevel cost me less than $1000 dollars. The S9 version is even cheaper. I have happily used Supplier #2 for both of my BiLevel machines.
 Thanks for the tip. 
If you needed to service your Vauto where would you have it done? 
(Ps. Notice you are also Gold Coast ?)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  csa machines cexer 1 76 03-20-2024, 01:43 PM
Last Post: cexer
  [CPAP] buying a CPAP from the US for use in Australia. scottie199 103 32,602 02-22-2024, 06:32 PM
Last Post: DB10
  REBATE on your Electricity bill [Australia] libster 0 175 02-05-2024, 07:27 PM
Last Post: libster
  Returning defective machines to Philips Respironics big_dave 5 676 02-04-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: big_dave
  Central vs. OA Events: Switching Machines or Tweaking Current CPAP Settings? fjones416 4 501 12-14-2023, 12:28 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Difference in Machines SufiMindtricks 8 596 11-26-2023, 11:59 AM
Last Post: HappySailor
  SoClean & other CPAP cleaning machines britincanada 505 83,173 11-12-2023, 12:35 PM
Last Post: Sleepster

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.