Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Comparing results from two devices
Comparing results from two devices
Hi,

I’m using PRISMA 20A CPAP for about two months. Few days ago I run a slip test using the PRISMA 20A and BMC PolyWatch YH-600B PRO at the same time (it is possible to connect the BMC device to the mask via a T type tube).
There was a significant difference in the AHI values read off the two devices as follows:

YH-600B readings:

AHI 1.8 (Apnea index 1.1, Hypopnea index 0.8).

PRISMA 20 A readings:

AHI         16/h
oAHI      0/h
cAI          2/h
cAHI       16/h

A second night of testing gave similar results.
Please note that the YH-600B includes an integrated SPO2 oximeter sensor while the PRISMA is not.
Can someone explain the difference between the AHI results of the two equipment?
Thanks a lot.
Arik
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Comparing results from two devices
Arik, your Prisma results show all events were central apnea. You need to compare the pressure that was delivered by both machines, and whether the Prisma is also providing allowed exhale pressure through an exhale pressure relief feature. I can only guess, but it appears at your wide open pressure range, the Prisma probably averaged a higher pressure and may have had pressure differences between inhale/exhale pressures. This can cause central events in some people. Do you have software for either machine?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Sleeprider,

Thanks a lot for your prompt response. The YH-600B is a sleep evaluation device and not a CPAP machine. It looks like the YH-600B is ignoring all central hypopnea events while the Prisma is not. I could not understand the rational behind this but noticed that another vendor (Sefam) is ignoring the central hypopnea events as well.

Arik
Post Reply Post Reply
I think you should consider getting a proper PSG evaluation rather than rely on these machines intended for home evaluation. It seems likely your apnea is complex or central, and these machines are clearly unable to characterize that, or be used in the justification of an ASV device. BMC is a Chinese company that does not market advanced bilevel therapy, and I would expect not to have expertise in its diagnosis. The diagnosis of central apnea and hypopnea may involve sensors or metrics these manufacturers do not incorporate into the machine. Even with the Prisma, I would want a PSG to confirm central and mixed events.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I completely agree and this is on the road map.
Thanks,
Arik
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Diagnosis] Got sleep study results and I am quite fustrated ewarner64 10 241 Yesterday, 01:16 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Oscar CPAP Optimization Results-Awesome!? SeePak 22 498 Yesterday, 10:19 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 56 5,092 04-18-2024, 02:51 PM
Last Post: btreger
  PSG Results: Could this be UARS? deebob 260 18,501 04-17-2024, 01:48 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Test results Kmzizzle 18 1,583 04-12-2024, 10:36 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Treatment] New to CPAP but keen to learn - Please could you help with results and Q's? JustinWoods 19 1,998 04-10-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Help interpreting my results (and hello!) mluck94 4 175 04-08-2024, 10:18 AM
Last Post: mluck94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.