Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Comparison of Rresmed airsense 11 autoset with Resmed airsense 10 auto set;
Comparison of Rresmed airsense 11 autoset with Resmed airsense 10 auto set;

I have a month's data from the new airsense 11 autoset so I did a comparison with similar data from previous month on the airsense 10 autoset using OSCAR.  WOW!  I got a surprise - In my humble opinion,  the older airsense 10 performed better than the airsense 11!  (Maybe my apnea got worse? - I don't think so.  maybe I am unusual(?))  Pressure settings were min 5 cm and max 15 cm for the S11 and min 4 and max 15 for the S10 other settings very similar.  For the S11, Dec 8 to Jan 8 the AHI (and CA) number averages are much higher that for the s10 for Nov. 7 thru Dec 7.  AND the pressures used to control AHI were significantly lower for the S11 than the S10.  Why would this be - are the treatment algorithms that different?   Were the higher pressures the S10 was putting out more effective in AHI control?   This is a limited amount of data and the AHI numbers are low, but this is NOT what I was expecting.  Both are good machines, probably 7 to 8 out of 10  Steve K.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Comparison of Rresmed airsense 11 autoset with Resmed airsense 10 auto set;
Centrals being a little higher with nothing else specifically changing, I would put on perhaps the slightly higher minimum pressure and better ventilation? I don't know if you've changed EPR either, but if so, that can have an effect too (with higher EPR giving a greater likelihood of centrals).

Your numbers still seem pretty low, and centrals are finicky and inconsistent at the best of times. The obstructive/hypop aspect seems to be fairly consistent, and if it's using lower max pressures, that suggests that it's doing a slightly better job of controlling the obstructive side and/or flow limits.

Unfortunately, as your numbers are so low, it's hard to tell how statistically meaningful they are.
Post Reply Post Reply
It would be difficult to say one machine is better than the other unless the settings were identical. If the event variable in question is mostly Central, those are variable already.

PS I would think a better data comparison would be if settings were identical and looking at daily detail data with at least 2 or more representatives of each machine.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Dave,   Thanks for comments.  Settings for both machines were VERY NEARLY IDENTICAL between S11 and S10.  Only the lower pressure was 1 cm higher for S11 because doc and some posts thought that would lead to lower events.  I don't have the luxury of multiple machines and must agree with low AHI(which I am grateful for)  statistics are not as good as we would like.
    Best.   Steve   Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Normally yes, higher starting pressure would probably avoid some obstructive events, but not necessarily with CAs. Higher pressure can worsen them, even though limiting to a fixed pressure can reduce them a little as sometimes the frequent changes in pressure can worsen them.

It just depends.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 27 509 1 hour ago
Last Post: Old Steve
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,868 Yesterday, 11:41 AM
Last Post: her.suit
  Data Comparison - Cervical Collar vs No Cervical Collar phoen1kx 9 228 03-27-2024, 11:26 AM
Last Post: phoen1kx
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 9 245 03-27-2024, 06:16 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,455 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 125 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,414 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.