Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Complete Mask Failure!
RE: Complete Mask Failure!
There was a report a while back about a Mirage Quattro mask having a leak where the connector is attached to the elbow. It wound up being a mfg defect and was replaced.

Maybe you could take a picture of where it's leaking and send them that.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-20-2012, 05:31 AM)Dreamcatcher Wrote: Last night my mask completely failed and could not get a seal at all. It is quite amazing just how quick the mask can die

Some time ago I had the same experience with the same mask in about the same time frame. The mask "blew-out" just as a car tyre might. When inquiries were made I was told they had changed the material of the seal membrane to make it thinner and a more effective seal. Seems this development also made it weaker. Subsequently I changed to an NP mask
[Image: signature.png]Keep on breathin'
Post Reply Post Reply
I just got my second Mirage Quattro today. The only thing wrong with my old one is that it is discolored from age. I have had it for about two years now, and only started using it in April of this year. I am keeping it for spare parts, as none are broken. The only piece that wore out on me was the rubber sealer; I have a beard and that would explain it's quick deterioration. Reading this post I may have lost a little faith in my new mask, but I look forward to many a night's good sleep with it Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-14-2014, 07:28 PM)Canadian_Jesus Wrote: I just got my second Mirage Quattro today. The only thing wrong with my old one is that it is discolored from age. I have had it for about two years now, and only started using it in April of this year. I am keeping it for spare parts, as none are broken. The only piece that wore out on me was the rubber sealer; I have a beard and that would explain it's quick deterioration. Reading this post I may have lost a little faith in my new mask, but I look forward to many a night's good sleep with it Smile

Hmm. well as I said, this was some time ago and I'm certain they would have re-worked that part of the mask by now. Sweet dreams.
P.S. Now using F&P Simplus FFM which I will review here shortly.
[Image: signature.png]Keep on breathin'
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-14-2014, 04:16 PM)Miilanna Wrote:
(03-20-2012, 07:44 AM)Dreamcatcher Wrote: It was my Quattro full face and to be honest Im not sure how old it was will have to think of that, I know most cushons only last around 6 months but on my last visit which was an emergency appointment as I thought my machine had packed up. I told them I needed a new mask and they ask me if I wanted to try a different one so I asked for the FX. I worn this for about a week before I gave up on it but tonight I will be using it untill my Quattro comes.

My quattro full face mask started leaking at the connector between the hose and the mask within a week of wearing it. When I called to ask for help, the supplier told me that the mask was designed not to leak there, so unless I could come into the store and show them how it is leaking (I am homebound) they could do nothing to help.

Oh-jeez
Hi Miilanna,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I'm sorry you are having trouble with your mask. Hopefully, you can get that straightened out.
Best of luck to you with your CPAP therapy and hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 230 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  F30 Full Face Mask - total failure?? BobH56 20 3,287 12-05-2023, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rhwoe
  CPAP Failure, ASV Attempter, Still Failure ophiuchus 16 1,420 07-10-2023, 05:59 AM
Last Post: ophiuchus
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,526 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Set myself up for failure? Newbie768 4 539 01-15-2023, 01:15 AM
Last Post: Ockrocket
  [Pressure] Maximum pressure in heart failure? edgnoj 0 483 11-04-2022, 04:58 AM
Last Post: edgnoj
  Resmed P30i pillow mask user unable to get beyond 1.5 hr on mask Roy289 28 3,214 09-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Roy289

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.