Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Completed First Night
RE: Completed First Night
You had an arousal followed by possible awakening prior to 03:13 where the inspiration flow goes off the chart. The VS2 is unreliable, and I usually suggest turning off that flag. If you want more details, you have to zoom in further focusing on the 3-minute period between 03:12 and 03:15 where the individual wave-forms of respiration resolve. I'm going to guess the OA at 03:15:45 was awake, and resulted from turning to get up. I rarely get up at night, but I let the machine shut down, or do it manually for any break.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Did I get the settings right for turning on Auto with a range of 8.5 to 10?

[Image: uMGEfJrl.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, that will run auto 8.5 to 10.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Turn on Auto last night from 8.5 to 10 range per recommendation in this thread.  

1. Previous issue with nose pain went away with loosening up the mask.
  2. Issue I had is that I woke up to the machine being off.  Looks like it was off for almost 2 hours.  I was still wearing everything correctly.  I don't generally do anything in the middle of the night that I don't remember... but I know that's an ironic statement.  So powering it off myself aside, any settings or things that could have caused it to power off? 
  3. I started to have some leaking that wasn't present the nights before.  Mask too loose?  
  4. Question: if I'm losing air through my mouth during the night, what, if any, of the values would show this?

[Image: d8gLm7sl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
You might of hit the power button and turned off the machine. It also could of been the Auto off setting in the machine. You can turn that setting off by going to Device Settings and turning off the Automatic Off setting.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Here is night #4.  
  • Lowest AHI yet. I turned off the machine during the night when I was up for a bit.  I also did not turn the machine on when I first get into bed because I'm not falling asleep just yet, I'm watching TV so I didn't want to have excess events which I noticed happen in earlier nights.
  • How I feel: I don't feel amazing in the morning yet, but then again, I do have an infant that sleeps in our room still so that does not help things.  I am awoken a few time during the night just by him.
  • I am currently reading the FYI page on Sleepyhead to learn about how to interpret results, but it's a long doc so I still don't know what to make of these results fully just yet.

[Image: fRktkbSl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Looks good. I'd probably raise the max pressure to 12cm to give it a little more room.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-19-2018, 10:50 AM)Walla Walla Wrote: Looks good. I'd probably raise the max pressure to 12cm to give it a little more room.

Cool, will do. During the night when I wake up, I don't even know if my machine is running (mixture of it the machine being quiet and white noise in the room).  I pull back the mask wondering and sure enough there is air there.  It's crazy that I have that thing going and I can't tell if it's going once I'm asleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with the increase of maximum pressure, and would not have a problem if you started at 9.0 either.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-19-2018, 10:50 AM)Walla Walla Wrote: Looks good. I'd probably raise the max pressure to 12cm to give it a little more room.

(01-19-2018, 11:56 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: I agree with the increase of maximum pressure, and would not have a problem if you started at 9.0 either.

For my own knowledge, what makes both of you feel like I should change pressure.  For starting pressure, is it because I just because I still have a larger number of event?  For the top number is it because I keep hitting my current top number (10) with events?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Money [Diagnosis] Severe Sleep Apnea - Titration Test Completed Apnea45 42 2,862 12-09-2023, 04:27 PM
Last Post: Apnea45
  First night with hose cover, night was full of major mask leaks TiredTom111 2 873 06-30-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: TiredTom111
  Hello folks, here is my graph from last night and night before Phil487 5 922 06-15-2023, 02:05 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  I just completed my first week of using a machine. What does this data tell you? Max Maker 34 3,039 06-14-2021, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Great Night into Terrible Night dcsleep 1 1,132 12-15-2020, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  DELETING old Private Messages prior to Jan 1, 2019 [completed] SuperSleeper 2 1,060 10-13-2020, 12:59 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  [Pressure] AHI varies from night to night KKBW 6 1,375 07-31-2020, 10:29 PM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.