Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Completed First Night
Completed First Night
Got the CPAP yesterday and completed my first night.  I did download the sleepyhead software and imported over the information to check everything out.  I'm  still looking into how to digest all that info.  I'm following a link from a sticky on organizing the program.

The night went fine.  I tossed and turned several times, but I did that before the mask anyways.  Nose was a little sore in the middle of the night from the mask but that went away by morning.  Also had a dry throat middle of the night so I cranked up my humidifier setting by 1 and that went away.  I did wake up feeling more energetic and less groggy than I normally do.  I feel pretty positive about the experience and look forard to learning about how to understand the info.  I would also like to know what types of info you guys like to know in posts to help give insight into my numbers.

My diagnosed AHI (home sleep study) was 6.  In my office titration study, 1st pressure was 11.8, 2nd was 40.6 before going down to 5.5 and then 2.2 at my prescribed pressure of 8cm. Last night my AHI last night was 5.26.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Completed First Night
Sounds like your close to the right settings. Not sure why your on a fixed pressure though. Post a chart from sleepyhead following the arrangement shown in the links below and someone will help you get dialed in.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Congratulations on your first night. It gets better with time.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
It takes a few days for things to settle in and you should probably keep your settings at least 2-3 days. If you AHI is over 5, i would put the machine in auto sooner than later and let it figure things out. Assuming your events are obstructive and hypopnea, you need higher pressure. Good luck, and sounds like a good start.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
A couple of things. Post your Sleepyhead Dailies (see my signature). Look for your profile to show "Member" instead of "New Member". You already have the needed 4 posts.
Tell us how you feel, how you are responding to CPAP, your comfort IS important.

There are many models of DreamStations, enter your model number (It is on the bottom).

Finally, to maintain a history, keep your posts in a single thread,
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi MoApnea,
Sounds like you are off to a fairly good start, keep up the good work, it will get better over time as you settle into the therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-16-2018, 06:11 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: Not sure why your on a fixed pressure though. Post a chart from sleepyhead following the arrangement shown in the links below and someone will help you get dialed in.

Not sure why either..... why would someone be on a fixed pressure versus multiple pressures?  Chat post will come soon once I figure out imgur
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-16-2018, 06:32 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: If you AHI is over 5, i would put the machine in auto sooner than later and let it figure things out.  Assuming your events are obstructive and hypopnea, you need higher pressure.  Good luck, and sounds like a good start.

I'm hesitant to make any changes to settings until I get my followup w/ the sleep doc out of the way in a few weeks, but I do plan on maintaining my own settings going forward.  According to sleepyhead, ~3 were hypopnea and ~1 were obstructive, so by what you said, higher pressure is needed.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-16-2018, 06:53 PM)bonjour Wrote: There are many models of DreamStations, enter your model number (It is on the bottom).

Finally, to maintain a history, keep your posts in a single thread,

Model updated, thanks.  I will startup a personal log thread once I get the imgur thing figured out.  Thanks for the tips
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for all the help with posting.  Below are nights 1 and 2.

Last night, while my AHI was lower, I do not feel as good as I did waking up yesterday. My slight headache I get in the mornings is back. Probably related to the less amount of sleep I got overnight.  My nose still hurts during the night.  It's not a dry feeling, it's more like the pressure of the mask against my nose is hurting my nostril.  I shifted a lot last night trying to adjust the mask to not hurt as much.  That's my first hurdle I need to get past.  Any ways to make that better?  The RT I worked with said nasal gel or chapstick to keep from getting raw (but that's not my problem) and that the more I use it I will get use to it.

[Image: xBndz9el.png]

[Image: KqnCqF6l.png]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Money [Diagnosis] Severe Sleep Apnea - Titration Test Completed Apnea45 42 2,777 12-09-2023, 04:27 PM
Last Post: Apnea45
  First night with hose cover, night was full of major mask leaks TiredTom111 2 851 06-30-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: TiredTom111
  Hello folks, here is my graph from last night and night before Phil487 5 898 06-15-2023, 02:05 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  I just completed my first week of using a machine. What does this data tell you? Max Maker 34 2,983 06-14-2021, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Great Night into Terrible Night dcsleep 1 1,111 12-15-2020, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  DELETING old Private Messages prior to Jan 1, 2019 [completed] SuperSleeper 2 1,045 10-13-2020, 12:59 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  [Pressure] AHI varies from night to night KKBW 6 1,342 07-31-2020, 10:29 PM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.