Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Complex sleep apnea advice
Complex sleep apnea advice
Hi all- new to this! Had two sleep studies. Diagnosed with complex apnea- 55 AHI of which 30 were OSA and 25 CSA. Currently on a resmed aircurve 10 ST. Pressure of 17/12. been on it just over a month with some adjustment needed but generally seeing 1-2 AHI. Fatigue and fog have not improved and I’m a little worried. Am I on the right treatment/machine and does it take time to feel the effects?

Also does having central’s mean I have brain or heart issues?

In a future post I’ll post my sleep study results and Oscar data

Thank you so much ☺️
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Complex sleep apnea advice
It depends on what's going on.
Welcome to the forum.
Why are you on the ST? What pulmonary condition or neuromuscular condition are you treating?
Or did your doc just decide this is the machine to treat your central?

ST (Spontaneous/Timed) Augments any breaths initiated by the patient, but also supplies additional breaths if the breath rate falls below the clinician’s set “backup” respiratory rate. It Treats COPD, Neuromuscular disease (NMD), Obesity Hypoventilation Syndrome (OHS) and other respiratory conditions

vs

ASV (adaptive servo-ventilation) Targets the patient’s minute ventilation, continually learning the patient’s breathing pattern and instantly responding to any changes. It treats Central or mixed apneas, complex sleep apnea, Periodic Breathing (PB)
ASVAuto Provides an ASV algorithm plus expiratory positive airway pressure (EPAP) that automatically responds on the patient’s next breath to flow limitation, snore and obstructive sleep apneas. It Treats Central or mixed apneas, complex sleep apnea, Periodic Breathing (PB)

Heart issues, VERY unlikely. CNS issues, neuro-chem issues likely. I assume we can eliminate, TBI, Stroke Sezure, CNS Meds including pain killers, and let's not forget altitude.

Please post your sleep studies and your nightly OSCAR charts so we can better see what is going on.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Complex sleep apnea advice
Thank you so much for replying. Doctor just decided to use this machine.

I’ve had a central tremor for my whole life and brain fog and fatigue extreme since having covid over a year ago. Brain MRI are clear and heart scans. Any suggestions on what could be driving it or tests I should suggest?

I’ll post my Oscar data soon. Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 16 295 5 hours ago
Last Post: Expat31
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 172 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 238 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 868 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  Collars for positional sleep apnea Jimasripper 17 352 03-25-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 43 1,801 03-25-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 615 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.