Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Compliance question
Compliance question
I just got a new Resmed Aircurve10 Vauto last friday so I get to start the dread 30 day complience thing for Medicare.
My Dr. is setup to use the modem and has already adjusted my presure once.  My question is when I go for an office 
visit is he likely to ask me to being the SD card in or just download data with the modem.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Compliance question
Hey if you've found a doctor who pays attention to more than the all-night average pressures and the all-night AHI then you've got yourself a keeper!
Post Reply Post Reply
Doc could have worked with your supplier to send ResMed the data over the cellular data card inside your PAP. There's fees involved for doc or DME, but not directly to you that I've ever heard of.

The easiest way for yourself and doc, is take your SD card in with you, after you've backed the data up on your PC. It would be good for you to replace sleepyhead with OSCAR so you can see very detailed sleep data yourself, in your home, whenever you want. Your SD card paired with OSCAR will give you screenshots to attach to posts here.

There's no modem in the ResMed VAuto.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
there is nothing to dread about compliance - 4 hours a night is all you have to do.  Your AHI has nothing to do with it.  You just need 4 hours a night, if you have to read a book with the machine on. - 4 hours -
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-23-2021, 10:58 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: There's no modem in the ResMed VAuto.

Uh -- yes there is. Since I bought mine myself -- went rogue -- I kept mine in airplane mode the first couple of days, then after kibbitzing with folks here I turned the modem on and registered my machine with MyAir :-)
Post Reply Post Reply
If you don't
have anyone to help you adjust to xPAP 1. therapy and optimize it so it isn't as disruptive
2. Or to. Help you with your comfort

Then you may have a compliance problem.

But you have us. To most of us here CPAP is something we just do. We don't think how long we use it because we use it because we never want to go back to the way it was before CPAP. We have Ben thru any problem you may come up against and we will help you thru it.
Post Reply Post Reply
cathyf

OK that's fine it's a whatever it is that transmits the PAP data via cellular.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the info. I was being sarcastic using that " dread complience "
remark as in the past 14 years I have never used it less than 4 hrs a day.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your sarcasm must be well hidden to most of us. But agreed the dreaded compliance thing is a pain, but it's a choice, the pain of compliance or the pain of paying with cash.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you had Medicare for your previous machine you may not have to go through the compliance. I didn't have to when I got my new machine after 5 years on the old one. My doctor did want to see me one time, but not the DME. My doctor is a real gem so it is fun to see him.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 245 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  How do YOU report Resmed CPAP data for compliance silverchief2 21 1,455 12-17-2023, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Insurance Compliance and Changing My Own Pressure Brennie 3 433 11-27-2023, 10:07 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  compliance question singergal67 7 644 06-10-2023, 07:59 PM
Last Post: singergal67
  Vacation - CPAP compliance was amazing, now home and I'm struggling again Muhlyssa 3 510 05-26-2023, 02:15 PM
Last Post: Muhlyssa
  Medicare Compliance Question plakky 9 1,481 03-03-2023, 11:07 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  out of compliance because of not getting much sleep narual 5 598 02-17-2023, 08:23 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.