Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Compliance - so what?
RE: Compliance - so what?
oh and by the way the cellular modem only turns on once a day, about 2 hours after it is sure you are done sleeping and transmits one small amount of data. Any other time it is listening for a "call" about firmware updates. Listening is not going to keep you awake...

I understand your concerns and have heard about them for as long as cell phones have been around. My personal view on electronics is to let the experts deal with these things as they do not want adverse effects for themselves or their families either.

There have also been many blind studies about this issue, with people that were strongly convinced that cell phones interfered with all manner of their lives. The researchers found zero correlation and the people were not able to tell if the cell phones were even turned on or not.

Anyway good luck
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-12-2017, 03:32 PM)PoolQ Wrote: it is for the same things as a laptop or cell phone on a place. it is airplane mode after all. it turns off ALL RF emissions from the equipment. This will do what you want.

That is such fantastic news. Thank you so much for this info!
Post Reply Post Reply
I just meant aluminum foil to block the signal, not a tin hat, lol. It's airplane mode before they added the button, lol
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
Got my cpap today. When the technician was showing the machine to me, she opened up the modem compartment and said "Oh, it's missing the modem." I told her that's how it's supposed to be, she asked about compliance, and I told her my insurance doesn't require it. She moved on as if it was no biggie. Yay!

(01-12-2017, 05:21 PM)Galactus Wrote: I just meant aluminum foil to block the signal, not a tin hat, lol. It's airplane mode before they added the button, lol

Ah, ok. Wasn't sure if you were taking a jab at me. I see now. I forget some do use foil for blocking. :-)
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-12-2017, 05:21 PM)Galactus Wrote: I just meant aluminum foil to block the signal

Would just make the cellular modem increase even more its signal to try to transmit something...

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-13-2017, 02:09 PM)Hydrangea Wrote: Got my cpap today. When the technician was showing the machine to me, she opened up the modem compartment and said "Oh, it's missing the modem." I told her that's how it's supposed to be, she asked about compliance, and I told her my insurance doesn't require it. She moved on as if it was no biggie. Yay!

(01-12-2017, 05:21 PM)Galactus Wrote: I just meant aluminum foil to block the signal, not a tin hat, lol. It's airplane mode before they added the button, lol

Ah, ok. Wasn't sure if you were taking a jab at me. I see now. I forget some do use foil for blocking. :-)

No no, I wouldn't do that, that would be unkind Big Grin You know just looking for a way to block the signal out if you don't want it to transmit data. I was unaware it had an airplane mode. The old units had that large antenna like an old school cell phone. Can just unscrew the antenna and it won't get a good enough signal (usually) to transmit. Figured could be worth a try if all else failed. But airplane mode is the answer for sure.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good point, Tedgreen.

Galactus - Yep, I'm glad I don't have the modem to worry about, and that Bluetooth can be turned off (even if I have to manually turn it off every 3 days).
Post Reply Post Reply
Does the cellular component make noise or something?
Post Reply Post Reply
Outgoing communications are invisible and silent.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-24-2017, 09:07 PM)gshock Wrote: Does the cellular component make noise or something?

No noise. 

Cellular, wi-fi, bluetooth and other sorts of EMF causes me sleep disturbance, headaches, and other such symptoms. So I avoid being around them as much as possible, and I expecially avoid sleeping around them. (I'm very sensitive.)

P.S. To update... I have discovered that with the cellular component pulled out, I have turned off the Bluetooth (airplane mode) and it remains off on its own. In re-reading the manual, airplane mode only turns back on (automatically) when the cellular component is plugged in. All good news for me.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 221 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  How do YOU report Resmed CPAP data for compliance silverchief2 21 1,371 12-17-2023, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Insurance Compliance and Changing My Own Pressure Brennie 3 406 11-27-2023, 10:07 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  compliance question singergal67 7 630 06-10-2023, 07:59 PM
Last Post: singergal67
  Vacation - CPAP compliance was amazing, now home and I'm struggling again Muhlyssa 3 499 05-26-2023, 02:15 PM
Last Post: Muhlyssa
  Medicare Compliance Question plakky 9 1,459 03-03-2023, 11:07 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  out of compliance because of not getting much sleep narual 5 591 02-17-2023, 08:23 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.