Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Compliancy
Compliancy
I'm not nearly as complaint as I used to be. It's hit & miss, but I do try to use my CPAP as much as possible. Anymore, if I see 5 or 6 hours of use, I'm okay with that. 

I was a bit concerned that maybe Medicare would be notified and either give me a stern warning, or cut me off completely, when it came to supplies. 

My DME supplier sent me an email message stating that it's time to receive new supplies, and they asked me a few questions in regards to my address being the same, same phone number, and such. I took their mandatory survey in regards to me needing new supplies. They've stream-lined the process, already checked off all the yes boxes, and all I have to do is confirm. 

My supplies will ship on the 27th. It'll be three years of CPAP therapy for me on Sept. 11 of this year. Still not feeling any better. I see my sleep doc on May 17th or something like that. Of course I'll touch base with him in regards to my concerns and not feeling any difference.  Rolleyes
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Compliancy
My DME is always trying to get me to buy stuff. I buy most of my supplies through Amazon or eBay.
It’s cheaper than medicare, copayments and all those other requirements.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Compliancy
(04-18-2021, 12:10 PM)Big Guy Wrote: I'm not nearly as complaint as I used to be. It's hit & miss, but I do try to use my CPAP as much as possible. Anymore, if I see 5 or 6 hours of use, I'm okay with that. 

I was a bit concerned that maybe Medicare would be notified and either give me a stern warning, or cut me off completely, when it came to supplies. 

My DME supplier sent me an email message stating that it's time to receive new supplies, and they asked me a few questions in regards to my address being the same, same phone number, and such. I took their mandatory survey in regards to me needing new supplies. They've stream-lined the process, already checked off all the yes boxes, and all I have to do is confirm. 

My supplies will ship on the 27th. It'll be three years of CPAP therapy for me on Sept. 11 of this year. Still not feeling any better. I see my sleep doc on May 17th or something like that. Of course I'll touch base with him in regards to my concerns and not feeling any difference.  Rolleyes

Four hours a night is sufficient for compliance. But if you're sleeping without the machine then your sleep is still being disturbed. That is likely why you are not feeling any better. After years of untreated apnea our bodies are used to being woken up every few minutes to breathe. Using a CPAP machine doesn't always make that go away immediately. It takes time to adapt. Every time you sleep without the CPAP machine you are interfering with the adaptation process. Once you do form the habit of always using the CPAP machine, even for naps, you will get adapted. You'll feel better and you'll hardly notice the CPAP machine and mask.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Compliancy Big Guy 8 1,300 03-05-2020, 02:27 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question Sleepyhead compliancy PKSteph 3 2,835 09-30-2012, 05:19 AM
Last Post: zonk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.