Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] How to properly set VAuto clinician settings?
How to properly set VAuto clinician settings?
Hello,

I am inputting the IPAP/EPAP/PS, etc settings on my new ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto (purchased through a private seller, 0 hours), and I am not sure what my settings should be set to. The original prescription from last year's sleep study called for EPAP of 10 and IPAP of 15, and nothing else on the prescription. (I will be getting another copy of my sleep study tomorrow to help ascertain what my settings should be, AHI, and all that). 

So far I have the settings as:

Mode - VAuto
Max IPAP - 15
Min EPAP - 10
PS 4.0
Ti Max - 2.5 s
Ti Min - 1.0 s
Trigger - Med
Cycle - Med
Mask - Full Face

This is my first time using an auto bipap. Should I set the Max IPAP and Min EPAP to different (higher IPAP/lower EPAP) values to allow the bipap to increase or decrease within a larger threshold as needed (I'm assuming from what I've read that the device will monitor my apneas and adjust settings to reduce apneas). What is PS and what should it be at? I will adjust Ti Max and min on the fly, and what are trigger and cycle? 

Finally, I know this isn't the place for medical diagnoses or advice in place of a doctor, but I have Kaiser insurance and they're pretty much leaving me to fend for myself in terms of treating my sleep apnea, even with what I thought was a good plan (Platinum from ACA). I have tried setting an appointment with a sleep doctor or therapist the last few days with no updates or calls back. Besides I'd like to educate myself on how to properly monitor my own therapy. 

Thanks, Jio
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How to properly set VAuto clinician settings?
The original Rx was for fixed bilevel with IPAP=15 and EPAP=10. That implies a PS=5 (IPAP - EPAP = PS)
Consider keeping the PS of 5. Give you machine a little upper room to adjust. Perhaps Max IPAP =17.

You could consider backing off on the Min EPAP a bit since part of the night you may be good with a lower pressure.
Your choice -- but, consider Min EPAP of 9. Run a couple of nights and adjust.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I'll give it a go. Thanks JM

If I post sleepyhead data in the future, is it possible to seek help for advice on adjustments later on this forum?
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-08-2017, 01:04 AM)Jioaa1988 Wrote: I'll give it a go. Thanks JM

If I post sleepyhead data in the future, is it possible to seek help for advice on adjustments later on this forum?

Certainly.  We encourage it.

Kind Regards,  Mongo
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
The original prescription was applicable to a fixed bilevel. You can get some additional flexibility, and still use the PS of 5 by setting EPAP min to 8 or 9, IPAP max to 18, and setting PS to 5. The machine will self-titrate EPAP to prevent obstructive events. Presumably the pressure support is for suppression of hypopnea and ventilation support, and is fixed on the Resmed Vauto. If you experience excessive CA then reducing the pressure support will be a logical response.

In any event, since you have auto mode, you can allow the machine to start at less than the titrated pressure (probably 90% pressure), and it will react to events. My settings are similar, however I reduced to PS 3 since higher support caused centrals.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 851 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 549 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
Information NOTICE: New Clinician Manuals NOW AVAILABLE SuperSleeper 71 78,786 03-20-2024, 01:02 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  New Bi Level AC/11 VAUTO skcampbell2 19 460 03-18-2024, 02:27 PM
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 87 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  What machine? VAuto vs ASV snapperzz 3 138 03-16-2024, 10:55 AM
  New diagnosis, Vauto on the way, some questions SBTApnea 12 719 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.